David Banner: What's Going On In Hip-Hop Today Is Embarrassing

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
I agree with what he is saying....

And he has mentioned several times that he used to rap about a bunch of shyt that he is ashamed of now so I definitely think he has evolved into the way he feels now....

Even when he was making "Like a pimp" he was still making songs like "Cadillac on 22s"

I noticed the shift around the time this video dropped. It's dope but it flew under the radar

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt
I agree with what he is saying....

And he has mentioned several times that he used to rap about a bunch of shyt that he is ashamed of now so I definitely think he has evolved into the way he feels now....

I noticed the shift around the time this video dropped. It's dope but it flew under the radar

He also dropped that album with 9th

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
Crabs in a barrel ass nikkas right on cue:snoop:

But....but....he made that type of music years ago!

So the fukk what? Dudes matured and awakened to the fukk shyt that's gone on, nothing can take away from the real he's been speaking as of late. Swear nikkas fukking make me sick, someone tries to be positive and build and the first thing y'all do is tear him down and cherry pick reasons to shyt on him. fukkin monkey ass nikkas all y'all do is throw shyt.:pacspit: If there was a race war, Wed be the first ones wiped out cuz nikkas are too busy going at each other for any fukkin reason

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Oh, and let's not act like a Black man can't change and have a different stance on Hip Hop culture, it's music and it's artists...especially in this environment. I never been a fan of his music but Lol at n!ggas bringing up old ass videos and songs to try to discredit this man. Nothing in those videos are abhorrent enough to decimate the absolute truths he's been speaking in these Vlad videos.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
I haven't fukked with Banner ever since the ridiculous amount of double talk on The Greatest Story Never Told. On the first track he's literally calling out black people for only shooting each other:

I think for the most part, our generation is filled with a bunch of fukkin' cowards
And I say that man, because we beef amongst each other...
We kill and we shootin each other in our own hoods, and bang each other
We won't bang cops, ya know I'm sayin?
And one thing that these motherfukkers in America know...
They know we-they know we ain't gon' do shyt (Do shyt- Do shyt)

and raps this:

nikkas, I'm just sayin, When do we stop playin?
When do we stop pimpin and start sprayin?
Fifty shots for every cop that popped Sean Bell, his body layin
But they acquit, because they know that our generation won't do shyt!
Nothin, nada, but every rapper is a shotta or a don dadda, or a killa
But you ain't killin nothin in this piece, unless it's another nikka

Then not even two tracks later, this song drops:

:dwillhuh::why::comeon:

So with all respect to Banner, but dude will have to stop talking and start taking action if he wants me to ever take him serious again.

Banner has been a hypocrite since day one. I remember the first time I heard Cadillac On 22s I thought he was going to be a new guy that dropped real heartfelt music with a message, and then I heard the rest of his stuff and was disgusted. He knew better, but still chose to drop ignorance for the sake of making money. That's why I can't take all of the stuff he says now seriously. He's always been a smart guy that understood the struggle of our people, but he chose to make the same music he denigrates now in order to get a check. If his music was still selling his tune would be entirely different.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
I honestly began to respect him around Katrina, so for almost ten years now. He like other hip hop artists spoke up for the lack of aid in New Orleans. He's stayed on that path since(to me he has) I feel he still is outspoken on issues affecting black people as a whole. But that's my opinion.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
I haven't fukked with Banner ever since the ridiculous amount of double talk on The Greatest Story Never Told. On the first track he's literally calling out black people for only shooting each other:

I think for the most part, our generation is filled with a bunch of fukkin' cowards
And I say that man, because we beef amongst each other...
We kill and we shootin each other in our own hoods, and bang each other
We won't bang cops, ya know I'm sayin?
And one thing that these motherfukkers in America know...
They know we-they know we ain't gon' do shyt (Do shyt- Do shyt)

and raps this:

nikkas, I'm just sayin, When do we stop playin?
When do we stop pimpin and start sprayin?
Fifty shots for every cop that popped Sean Bell, his body layin
But they acquit, because they know that our generation won't do shyt!
Nothin, nada, but every rapper is a shotta or a don dadda, or a killa
But you ain't killin nothin in this piece, unless it's another nikka

Then not even two tracks later, this song drops:

:dwillhuh::why::comeon:

So with all respect to Banner, but dude will have to stop talking and start taking action if he wants me to ever take him serious again.

So you don't know how major labels operate.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
His last interview was real but as far as music goes these monkeys might be directly influenced by David Banner :what:

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Yall nikkas a trip.

Man is a walking contradiction. Nobody is one dimensional all of their life or all of the time.

So because he makes good points or has a real concern about black culture his music from a decade ago should invalidate his current stance? Yall idolize 2pac and he was all over the place with his music and views.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Banner has been a hypocrite since day one. I remember the first time I heard Cadillac On 22s I thought he was going to be a new guy that dropped real heartfelt music with a message, and then I heard the rest of his stuff and was disgusted. He knew better, but still chose to drop ignorance for the sake of making money. That's why I can't take all of the stuff he says now seriously. He's always been a smart guy that understood the struggle of our people, but he chose to make the same music he denigrates now in order to get a check. If his music was still selling his tune would be entirely different.

We gotta allow ourselves to be human breh.

MLK sniffing coke outta some white womans' ass crack doesn't remove his other dimensions. We all have room for growth and even grey area within that growth, he's obviously grown a bit and should be allowed that without people just writing him off completely.

balance is the key word i took from this...and its being overlooked, but cool.

Exactly.

TheSpook

Banned
Daps
He's right about southern artists that rap real not getting support. Cole is basically a NY rapper if we keeping it real. Krit is the only solo southern artist that is mainstream and conscious and he gets no love from the south.