David Goyer Helming New TV Series Titled ‘Krypton’ on SyFy

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Superman has been around for more than 75 years. If you don't know the backstory of Krypton then I don't know what to tell you. But since you saw MOS then you know what is going to happen to Krypton..lol And let me tell you, that is the only interesting thing that really happened to it. These prequels are pure crap and it's a money grab. With it being on Syfy we may be in for a treat or it could be complete crap who knows. But prequels always fukking suck no matter what part of the story they tell because the main draw is the main character. Nobody gives a fukk about Superman's blown up homeplanet, we want Superman. It's continuing a trend of telling these character's story without really telling their story. Backstory crap. Who cares that the House of El and the House of Zod were having conflict for generations! Nobody on Krypton had powers. Boring. They can introduce pre-Brainac, the Phantom Zone, the night Superman was conceived, but it's all boring stuff unless they take some creative liberties and take a character and move him to a solar system with a yellow sun. Other than...this just as wack as Gotham. It's lazy for the networks and insulting to those who actually care. So we have a Krypton, Gotham, let me guess what is next, Themiscyra on the Lifetime Channel!

But Gotham is the most watched comic book show right now...... so you'll opinion is null and void on that. Also, Goyer ALREADY made some creative liberties with MoS and specifically on the make up and look and brief culture of Krypton, hence my intrigue of having a full length series about that place. But whatever, I know you'll be right there on debut night watching anyway.

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
But Gotham is the most watched comic book show right now...... so you'll opinion is null and void on that. Also, Goyer ALREADY made some creative liberties with MoS and specifically on the make up and look and brief culture of Krypton, hence my intrigue of having a full length series about that place. But whatever, I know you'll be right there on debut night watching anyway.

Show me the receipts! Arrow is 10000000x's better. And Gotham shouldn't be considered a comic book show, it's more of a cop drama in the vein of The Shield. I'm not going to watch another Superhero-less show when they have Supergirl and Teen Titans coming on too.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Show me the receipts! Arrow is 10000000x's better. And Gotham shouldn't be considered a comic book show, it's more of a cop drama in the vein of The Shield. I'm not going to watch another Superhero-less show when they have Supergirl and Teen Titans coming on too.

I never mentioned anything about Arrow... I am an obsessive fan of that show. I just pointed at the FACT that Gotham is indeed the MOST WATCHED show right now, even above AoS. So, regardless of how you dislike it, which is your right, you make up the minority on that. With that said, using Gotham as an example when it was clearly a success is a weak comparison in saying this show isn't going to be watched. It really depends on how the show actually going to be rather than what our PRESUMPTION of what it could be.

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
I never mentioned anything about Arrow... I am an obsessive fan of that show. I just pointed at the FACT that Gotham is indeed the MOST WATCHED show right now, even above AoS. So, regardless of how you dislike it, which is your right, you make up the minority on that. With that said, using Gotham as an example when it was clearly a success is a weak comparison in saying this show isn't going to be watched. It really depends on how the show actually going to be rather than what our PRESUMPTION of what it could be.

I still need to see the receipts for the MOST WATCHED show right now claim. And a shytsandwich is always a shytsandwich no matter how much you try to imagine how good it will be. Krypton is that shytsandwich. And looking around here...you are in the minority when it comes to wanting to watch a Superman Prequel Show...

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gotham is more watched than Arrow? :patrice:

The Flash is more watched than Arrow.

But yea, Gotham is the most watched comic book show out right now. It averages 7 million viewers per week and that's without DVR views and streaming views. Arrow averages 2.5 million in comparison. But the biggest reason is one is from a main network (Fox) whereas the other is on a small network (CW).

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989

That article over a month old. Let's look the Neilson ratings shall we....Especially for the day and month this article was released...

http://www.nielsen.com/us/en/top10s.html

Hmmmm...sounds like the "The Wrap" was just doing a circle jerk for Fox Studios newest release. It happens they probably wrote the same type of shyt for Constantine when it first came out. It's a Hollywood mag they only write stuff to get you to watch..."Oh let's inflate these numbers to get people to watch"--type of stuff... Gotham ain't beating the Walking Dead or even the Talking Dead. But it will get renewed for next season so you get to watch more of Jim Gordan and the Penguin!

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That article over a month old. Let's look the Neilson ratings shall we....Especially for the day and month this article was released...

http://www.nielsen.com/us/en/top10s.html

Hmmmm...sounds like the "The Wrap" was just doing a circle jerk for Fox Studios newest release. It happens they probably wrote the same type of shyt for Constantine when it first came out. It's a Hollywood mag they only write stuff to get you to watch..."Oh let's inflate these numbers to get people to watch"--type of stuff... Gotham ain't beating the Walking Dead or even the Talking Dead. But it will get renewed for next season so you get to watch more of Jim Gordan and the Penguin!

Well I didn't include The Walking Dead being that it's a graphic novel and not a legitimate comic book.....

I'm talking about between the actual COMIC BOOK shows... based from literal comic books and not graphic novels or anything of that nature. It ratings are higher than AoS, Arrow, The Flash, and Constantine

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
Well I didn't include The Walking Dead being that it's a graphic novel and not a legitimate comic book.....

I'm talking about between the actual COMIC BOOK shows... based from literal comic books and not graphic novels or anything of that nature. It ratings are higher than AoS, Arrow, The Flash, and Constantine

Man...you may want to stop right there :whoa:...lol..some people on here may start taking offense since the Walking Dead is a legitimate comic book and not a graphic novel....And according to those ratings Gotham isn't beating Agents of Shield. But Krypton will be a based off a graphic novel so your not wrong on that.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
this has even less potential than gotham did. at least gotham featured characters we know and love and are familiar with.

whereas with krypton the only thing linking it to superman is the name. it's just too far removed from the story and characters people care about as superman fans.

but hey i have been wrong before. as with gotham i will at least try and watch the first episode.
Not really. Aside from the political machinations of Kryptonian society there are a bunch of established DC characters that can be introduced in a Krypton show that would not be forced or farfetched.
Doomsday was created on Krypton, Brainiac existed on Krypton, The Eradicator existed on Krypton, Green Lanterns existed and had visited a pre-destruction Krypton with one of them being assigned to the space sector Krypton was in.
Krypton had a clone uprising.
Neighboring planets to Krypton were Thanagar (Hawkman's planet), Rann (Adam Strange's planet), Mars (J'onn J'onnz's planet), and Dheron (which carried on a 20 year war with Krypton).

The show has potential if handled properly.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Not really. Aside from the political machinations of Kryptonian society there are a bunch of established DC characters that can be introduced in a Krypton show that would not be forced or farfetched.
Doomsday was created on Krypton, Brainiac existed on Krypton, The Eradicator existed on Krypton, Green Lanterns existed and had visited a pre-destruction Krypton with one of them being assigned to the space sector Krypton was in.
Krypton had a clone uprising.
Neighboring planets to Krypton were Thanagar (Hawkman's planet), Rann (Adam Strange's planet), Mars (J'onn J'onnz's planet), and Dheron (which carried on a 20 year war with Krypton).

The show has potential if handled properly.
my bad when I said potential I meant the potential for ratings success, not critical success. the things you mentioned don't mean anything to 90% of the people that will be watching. maybe the lantern stuff... but come on the home planet of HAWKMAN??? that's your hook? that's your plan to draw ratings?

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
my bad when I said potential I meant the potential for ratings success, not critical success. the things you mentioned don't mean anything to 90% of the people that will be watching. maybe the lantern stuff... but come on the home planet of HAWKMAN??? that's your hook? that's your plan to draw ratings?

That shyt is going to be so expensive...imagine the CGI cost of properly animating Thanagar.....but you know if they do it right, they will probably do a spin off...heck maybe we can get a Thanagar and Rann War show.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
A show about alien political intrigue and wars between planets (one of which is made up of winged aliens) is a pretty decent hook if that is the way they decide to go.
And you, me or anyone else really do not have a clue what will be a ratings success or even what Syfy is looking for.
Right now they have a show about angels at war with humans set in post apocalyptic Las Vegas yet it is a success.for them. So who knows what will work for Syfy.