DAVID STERN COPPIN’ MORE PLEAS FOR WHY HE VETOED CP3 TO THE LAKERS

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
Ex-NBA commissioner David Stern reveals why he nixed Chris Paul trade, calls Pelicans' Dell Demps a 'lousy' GM

“[Demps] had agreed to [trade Paul to the Lakers for] Kevin Martin and Luis Scola or something, and I said we can do better than that," Stern told Chris Ballard of SI. "And the next trade was [to the Clippers for] Eric Gordon and Al-Farouq Aminu and what we thought was a really great draft pick, the 10th pick, which turned out to be Austin Rivers. At least those three and someone else [center Chris Kaman]. But Dell Demps is a lousy general manager and none of those players are currently with the team anymore, and he may lose Anthony Davis."

"I did it because I was protecting the then Hornets," Stern added. "To this day everyone always asks me, 'Well why did you keep Chris Paul from going to the Lakers?' I didn't keep him. I didn't approve the trade. No team sells or trades a future Hall of Famer without the owner signing off, and I was the owner's rep. But I wasn't going to hand up Dell Demps."

THIS MUFUCCA STILL TRYNA EXCUSE HIS DECISION TO ENSURE KOBE’S LEGACY WOULD NEVER SURPASS JORDAN’S

facebook_wchb.0.jpeg

facebook_actual_trade.0.jpeg

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
MARK CUBAN:

"The message is we went through this lockout for a reason," Cuban said Friday on ESPN Dallas 103.3 FM's Ben and Skin Show. "Again, I'm not speaking for Stern. He's not telling me his thought process. I'm just telling you my perspective, having gone through all this. There's a reason that we went through this lockout, and one of the reasons is to give small-market teams the ability to keep their stars and the ability to compete."

"We just had a lockout, and one of the goals of the lockout was to say that small-market teams now have a chance to keep their players, and the rules were designed to give them that opportunity," Cuban said. "So to all of a sudden have a league-owned team trade their best player, particularly after having gone out and sold a ton of tickets in that market, that's not the kind of signal you want to send.

"Then, part two of that is all the rules of what you can and can't do under the new CBA weren't finalized until yesterday, so how do you really make a strategic decision until you know all the rules?"

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Pelicans didn’t get shyt in the long run anyway
Yea they did. Even tho Austin was trash he still was a top 10 pick, and Eric Gordon was key in our first playoff run with AD. plus that trade stopped us from putting solid team on the court that wouldn’t have gotten us to the playoffs but would have got us a solid amount of wins

Not to mention Gordon was coming off a 20ppg season

All the lakers players was old vets who would definitely knocked us out the lottery chances and we wouldn’t have gotten AD.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
Yea they did. Even tho Austin was trash he still was a top 10 pick, and Eric Gordon was key in our first playoff run with AD. plus that trade stopped us from putting solid team on the court that wouldn’t have gotten us to the playoffs but would have got us a solid amount of wins

Not to mention Gordon was coming off a 20ppg season

All the lakers players was old vets who would definitely knocked us out the lottery chances and we wouldn’t have gotten AD.

SO IN ESSENCE, YOURE SAYING STERN’S PLAN WAS TO TANK

LMAO WOW

KEVIN MARTIN WAS A 27 YEAR OLD COMIN OFF A 23 PPG SEASON

ODOM WAS COMIN OFF HIS BEST SEASON AS A 6TH MAN OF THE YEAR

SCOLA WAS COMIN OFF AN 18-8 SEASON

DRAGIC IS THE ONLY PLAYER FROM EITHER PACKAGE THAT MADE AN ALL-STAR TEAM

LAKERS PACKAGE WAS WAY BETTER N ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE