Days Gone Director John Garvin Says Metacritic Score Is Everything to Sony

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Let's be honest... that this has nothing to do with sales, meta critics, or development issue.

It's that Sony don't need or want two AAA Zombie franchises when they have Last of Us. When you are competing against your own IP... It better be good and be able to stand out in contrast to Last of Us. It did none of those things.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Let's be honest... that this has nothing to do with sales, meta critics, or development issue.

It's that Sony don't need or want two AAA Zombie franchises when they have Last of Us. When you are competing against your own IP... It better be good and be able to stand out in contrast to Last of Us. It did none of those things.

This is why i think they turned the pitch down. Makes no sense that Days Gone survives when they are putting so much effort into TLOU franchise where as before it was uncertain what ND were doing with it.

This was my number one issue with the game. Like, even if you are going to make aNNOOOTHer zombies game at least do more to make it stand out.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I thought it was weird when Days Gone was revealed as it looked like garbage next to TLOU.