DC homeowner shoots, kills 13 year old Karon Blake after claiming he was breaking into cars

Turlast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Two One Five

Northeast DC homeowner shoots, kills 13-year-old after claiming he was breaking into cars

WASHINGTON - A 13-year-old is dead after being shot by a homeowner who claimed the boy was breaking into vehicles in a Northeast D.C. neighborhood early Saturday morning, according to police.

The Metropolitan Police Department said the shooting happened around 3:56 a.m. in the 1000 block of Quincy Street, not far from Brookland Middle School and Turkey Thicket Recreation Center.

According to investigators, the unidentified homeowner confronted and shot the 13-year-old after claiming that the boy was breaking into several vehicles along the street.

They said the boy was shot multiple times.

There is no indication of who placed the 911 call reporting the incident.

Police did not release specific details about the confrontation, but add that there was no indication that the 13-year-old was armed.

The 13-year-old was identified by police as Karon Blake, of Northeast D.C. Police confirmed to FOX 5 that Blake was a student at Brookland Middle School.

Investigators said, when officers arrived at the scene, they found the homeowner performing CPR on the boy.

The 13-year-old was taken to an area hospital after the shooting, and later pronounced dead.

Investigators said that the firearm used in the shooting was legally registered, and the homeowner is cooperating with authorities.

While investigating the incident, police found a car on Quincy Street that had been previously reported stolen, and is believed to have been used by the 13-year-old.

Investigators believe two other juveniles were also involved in the incident.

According to a neighbor in the area, the two tried fleeing the scene in a vehicle, before bailing out in an alley and running away on foot.

Authorities are still working to determine whether any criminal charges are warranted against the homeowner.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
I am not shooting anyone over my car. You get in my house that's a different story.

If someone tries to jack my shyt I'm letting off but it sounds like dude was tryna play neighborhood watch out here. :francis:

13 year old out at 4am riding with folks in a stolen car? Parents failed:francis:

He was on some real-life Latarian Milton shyt. :dwillhuh: Out at 4 in the morning, in a stolen car, doing hoot rat shyt with his friends.

Aprogressivone

Developers are the new Rockstars
Daps
Reppin
Prince George's, Maryland
People in DC are fed up. The below image is from a post on this story on the most popular DC centric Instagram page. Since last year people in the comments on this page kept saying this would eventually happen when stories about crime would be posted. People are sick and tired of slow response times from police or police flat out not coming for smaller crimes like a car break in when you call it in. Adults failed him, but if you wanna play in the streets..... You might die in the streets. Age don't matter.

BOA2Cdp.png

Last edited:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
People in DC are fed up. The below image is from a post on this story on the most popular DC centric Instagram page. Since last year people in the comments on this page kept saying this would eventually happen when stories about crime would be posted. People are sick and tired of slow response times from police or police flat out not coming for smaller crimes like a car break in when you call it in. Adults failed him, but if you wanna play in the streets..... You might get die in the streets. Age don't matter.

BOA2Cdp.png
Basically

DonB90

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

The prosecutor is expected to offer plea bargains to 13-year-old and 15-year-old girls who are accused in a fatal carjacking of an Uber Eats driver in Washington D.C.
In juvenile court in D.C., if the girls are found responsible, that court’s equivalent of guilty, they will be freed upon turning 21. However, some juvenile court respondents, that court’s equivalent of a defendant, can be released sooner if deemed rehabilitated.

Left the man folded up like a pretzel on the side of the road and first thing out her mouth is "WHERE'S MY PHONE, MY PHONE WAS IN THERE!!!"

Alot of these pre adult criminals have no value on human life could care less if they kill you doing the commission of their goofy crimes so why should the average citizen not show the same behavior back. You think ppl like being victimized to the point a teenager can do whatever they want to your and your possessions that you worked hard to lawfully gain and get a slap on the wrist for it?

Not saying the person who did this is right but in the absence of a competent govt people tend to take the law into their own hands:francis: tough break

Last edited: