Decline Chest/Bench Press For Lower Pecs

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
Eliminated the decline press and the pec fly machine from my workout. Might go back just because they felt good.

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
For some reason, cable just don't give me the same results that free weights do.

For instance, i feel a better pump, and see better results when I do bent rows (either dumbbell/barbell, single arm or both) and pullovers, WAY more then when I do lat pulldowns and seated cable rows.

I think it's the effect of gravity? Probably adds more tension on both the concentric and eccentric loads.

Anybody else similar?

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
For some reason, cable just don't give me the same results that free weights do.

For instance, i feel a better pump, and see better results when I do bent rows (either dumbbell/barbell, single arm or both) and pullovers, WAY more then when I do lat pulldowns and seated cable rows.

I think it's the effect of gravity? Probably adds more tension on both the concentric and eccentric loads.

Anybody else similar?

Ur not alone on this one breh. Ill take it even further and say dumbbells give me more of a pump then a barbell and not just for chest exercises. Honestly havent touched a barbell in years.

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
Ur not alone on this one breh. Ill take it even further and say dumbbells give me more of a pump then a barbell and not just for chest exercises. Honestly havent touched a barbell in years.

Ageeed. At this point i mostly use barbells for the compound strength lifts (squat, deadlift, bench press, overhead press,.etc.)

For anything size? dummbells are bae.

DonRe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think ya should try the decline bench press with your hands facing you. So gripping the barbell as you grip it when you arr doing curls.

It will at least stregthen your forearms crazy but to me it does Wonders on my lower chest.