Democrats have a 30% chance of taking the House in 2018 Midterm Elections

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
The Decision Desk guys says a 54% popular vote translates to 206 seats or 47% in the House. I wonder how much more to even get the majority. The best hope for Democrats is a collapse in Republican support given how the map looks.

They need to win 218 seats

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
The Democrats abandoned state parties

Lost state seats. Ran crap candidates to boot.

GOP did the opposite and won states left and right. Redrew districts to favor them. Got majorities everywhere. Implemented voter suppression in states.

So it's both
So again, today, them losing is it because they are crap or because the districts are Unwinnable. Y'all pick whichever fits your agenda. I guess all we need is progressives cause they are the cure all :yeshrug:

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
If the districts are unwinnable it doesn't matter what platform they come with in gerrymandered districts.

I understand y'all hate the dems more than repubs (headscratcher) but y'all can't bash them for losing distorted districts.

If a progressive candidate runs in those districts y'all gonna bash them for losing too? :jbhmm:

First, you and your boy @4d 6f 6e 65 79 should avoid grouping me with other people since neither of you know what positions I hold.

Next, @FAH1223 did a good job elaborating some of the reasons why the country is in the position its in, so I won't rehash that.

You're acting like every Dem loss is caused by gerrymandering which obviously isn't the case.

You do know how key high turnout is for Dem electoral success right? You know what lowers turnout (other than voter suppression)? Poor candidates with mediocre messages who don't campaign well.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
So again, today, them losing is it because they are crap or because the districts are Unwinnable. Y'all pick whichever fits your agenda. I guess all we need is progressives cause they are the cure all :yeshrug:

You fail to mention Dems losing 1000 seats in 8 years.