Denzel becomes most nominated African American in Oscar History.....

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
IMO, Russell Crowe's performance in A Beautiful Mind>>>>Denzel Washington's performance in Training Day but it was his first villain so I have no problem with it.....Again....everyone's been robbed at the Oscars like Denzel's Malcolm X, etc.

Russell took the Golden Globe that year and he was great in "A Beautiful Mind" but he just won for Gladiator the year before (Crazy Russell was in back to back Best Pictures) and they owed Denzel for "X" and "Hurrcaine". Don't get me wrong, "Training Day" is a Classic in the Black Community but that was far from Denzel's best performance. It gets a lot of shine cause it was Denzel's 1st Villian role since "A Solider's Story".

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
dope movie, everyone in that flick killed their roles :obama:

Even though I'm a huge Denzel fan and movie buff. I just saw this movie recently again during the holiday's. I saw it as a kid from my parents cause it was one of those Classic Black movies that they showed me and my brothers growing up but when you are young you don't understand. I watched it VHS when I visited my parents for Thanksgiving and the movie was crack.

Denzel killed it and believe it or not the movie was actually nominated for Best Picture at the Oscars. Seeing Denzel in that role early in his career you could see he was going to be something special. The whole Cast did amazing and it was an all Black Cast in the early 80's. Amazing movie, everyone should check it out. I only remembered a certain scene's when I watched it again but seeing it as an Adult was great:

a_soldiers_story.jpg

!!eBs1)!!mM~$(KGrHqUOKoYE0gKMDp!UBNQ104WHog~~_35.JPG

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Even though I'm a huge Denzel fan and movie buff. I just saw this movie recently again during the holiday's. I saw it as a kid from my parents cause it was one of those Classic Black movies that they showed me and my brothers growing up but when you are young you don't understand. I watched it VHS when I visited my parents for Thanksgiving and the movie was crack.

Denzel killed it and believe it or not the movie was actually nominated for Best Picture at the Oscars. Seeing Denzel in that role early in his career you could see he was going to be something special. The whole Cast did amazing and it was an all Black Cast in the early 80's. Amazing movie, everyone should check it out. I only remembered a certain scene's when I watched it again but seeing it as an Adult was great:

a_soldiers_story.jpg

!!eBs1)!!mM~$(KGrHqUOKoYE0gKMDp!UBNQ104WHog~~_35.JPG

couldn't agree more

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
If Daniel Day didn't play Lincoln this would easily have been Denzel's win. With "Flight" hitting DVD shelves more and more people across the nation have felt the power of Denzel's complex performance in Flight. He is clearly easily gave a Top 3 performance for a lead actor this year. So even though they will give it to Daniel Day. Denzel deserves a 3rd Oscar before he retires.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i hope denzel wins but he aint gonna win

lincoln got too much money behind it

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Denzel did an amazing job in Flight but lets not act like DDL winning would be a travesty...Lincoln would've been complete trash without DDL. The way he dove into that role you would've thought youre watching a documentary starring Lincoln himself.

big_moe

Burnin' & Lootin'
Daps
Reppin
In a Concrete Jungle
that one movie from the 80's, idk if it was mentioned yet when he was the principal of that where every nikka either had a perm or a lot of jewrey

GOATpernick

Troy, the God
Supporter
Daps
I know it's crazy to bump such an old thread but I gotta give it to Denzel for delivering one of the most etherous lines to the American establishment of the modern era

3:19 :wow: