Denzel becomes most nominated African American in Oscar History.....

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Brando, Deniro, Pacino, Nickelson etc........that's right it's time to put Denzel with the GOATS. He's top 10 easily. In my opinion he has surpassed Sidney as the greatest leading Black Actor of all time.

Cry_Freedom.jpg

Cry Freedom - Best Supporting Actor (Nomination)

220px-Glory_ver1.jpg

Glory - Best Supporting Actor (Win)

220px-Malcolmxdvdset.jpg

Malcolm X - Best Actor (Nomination)

220px-The_Hurricane_poster.JPG

Hurricane - Best Actor (Nomination)

220px-Training_Day_Poster.jpg

Training Day - Best Actor (Win)

220px-Flight_film_poster.jpg

Flight - Best Actor (Nomination)

:salute::myman:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City

Nicholson, I get it, lol. He's one of the Dons man. He's been nominated for 13 Oscars and won 3. Jack is Top 5 no questions and has so many Classics it's undeniable. I just think it's time for Denzel to be put with the GOATS. Sometimes people be trying to hate on him and say he's been typecasted but the fact is Denzel does only original movies. He's never done a sequel in his entire career.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I havent even seen lincoln yet....:snoop:

Denzel did such a good job in Flight....

Him and Don Cheadle should have had waaay more freestyle dialogue in the movie tho...

I just watched it a few days ago. I thought it was going to be boring but Daniel Day kept me interested all the way through. Won't be shocked if he takes it. "Flight" was strong. Funny we were talking about Zemekis in the Nolan thread with "Back to the future". "Flight" was his 1st live action movie in a decade. Dude needs to get out of animation and stick to live action.

Asdfhhklpiyrewss

All Star
Daps
I hope he wins but I don't think he will

he should have won an Oscar for both Malcolm X (biggest snub of all time) and Hurricane imo.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
I just watched it a few days ago. I thought it was going to be boring but Daniel Day kept me interested all the way through. Won't be shocked if he takes it. "Flight" was strong. Funny we were talking about Zemekis in the Nolan thread with "Back to the future". "Flight" was his 1st live action movie in a decade. Dude needs to get out of animation and stick to live action.

shyt he did Forrest Gump so I knew Flight was gonna be decent....

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I hope he wins but I don't think he will

he should have won an Oscar for both Malcolm X (biggest snub of all time) and Hurricane imo.

I agree, "Training Day" was nothing more than an "I'm sorry" Oscar. "Hurricane" he lost to Kevin Spacy for "American Beauty" which I don't know If I could say Kevin gave a better performance than Denzel. The biggest reason Denzel lost "Malcolm X" besides the fact they didn't want a Black Icon like Malcolm X movie validated was cause the Academy owed Pacino something heavy. "Scent of a Woman" was his 9th Oscar Nomination that means they nominated him 8 times and he lost. I still don't know how Pacino lost for "The Godfather II" even Deniro got an Oscar. The Oscars are really funny, they seem to never give someone the award for their best work. I think only Tom Hanks they did that for giving him back to back Oscars for Philadelphia and Forrest Gump. Speaking of Philadelphia, why didn't Denzel get a nomination? He went toe to toe with Tom:

220px-Philadelphia_imp.jpg