Derek Fisher to be hired as Knicks coach

jilla82

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
the internet
What are yall mad about...it was pretty obvious from the get go Phil was brought in to be a semi coach...and he gets to mold a young (black) coach.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
As the lifelong most devoted Knicks hater there is, I must say i dont like this move.

Phil is no idiot. He's hiring Fisher who is his puppet but he knows Fisher isnt necessaril ready. He will surround Fisher with a lot of his old goon assistants which helped him (Phil) thrive throughout his career. His assistants are often overlooked when people talk about Phil Jackson's career. Those were top notch guys who mastered the system which include the Triangle and Phil's overall phylosophy.

I think he may have some success which puts me in a difficult position: My hatred for that franchise is unlike anything i can explain in words. At the same time i love to see former black players get more opportunities and if he can succeed it will open more doors for others.

Man fukk that..FUKK THE KNICKS :pacspit:
#jinx

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
@wire28 I had to neg you off of gp breh. That was too disrespectful.

I have no problem with the hiring. Fisher is just going to be Jax's puppet, and whatever Jax wants, it'll get delivered via Fisher. And I can see a lot of you morons can't read. As far as the Kerr situation went, he pulled out at the last minute, so it wasn't that the Knicks didn't want to pay him. And again, Melo will be a Knick for the rest of his career. Like I said before, I highly doubt that Phil would've taken this job at this stage in his life just to rebuild. He got a plan and I trust him.
word i can respect it :russ:

i cant even take claim for it tho i seen somebody post it in another thread, im pretty sure i dapped and repped them. i need to go back and give original credit where its due for that beautiful flat top :wow:

TheIsleofMan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't like the price but I'm not paying it so I'm cool. Since they fired Mike Woodson, I initially thought they would go with a guy who was proven and respected (wanted JVG even though he gave up on the Knicks.) It wasn't Mike's fault that Shump or Jr (for most of the season) couldn't hit an open jump shot. Wasn't his fault he was given one of the dumbest and most frustrating big's (to watch) in the league (I'm looking at you Bargnani). Only problem with Woodson was he never adjusted until it was too late. 2012 playoffs, he should've spread the floor once he realized how well Hibbert was playing (put in Copeland too late). This season he didn't have the personnel to switch on picks (which KILLED them) so he never made any notable defensive adjustments (injuries did hurt but can't use excuses). I'm more like whatever, i don't know too much about him and the only thing I do know is the Triangle will be installed. I'm more interested in what Melo will do but I think Woodson got a raw deal