Did Canibus waste his chance to respond to Eminem?

Sinister

Banned
Daps
For some reason many people have this idea that being dissed by a huge artist is a huge opportunity. Jadakiss was super excited that 50 dissed him. He thanked 50 for the chance to "air his ass out". KRS said that Shan could have won by not responding to "south bronx" and that he owes his career to Shan responding.

On the other hand I remember Violent J saying that it didn't help ICP having a bunch of teenage girls know who they were from Em dissing them. I also remember the beef dvd and hearing how KRS couldn't even break 30,000 records sold during the Nelly beef.

I guess it all really depends.

My point is Canibus is the only REAL rapper Em dissed on Eminem show(JD and Limp Bizkit don't count). People like Everlast and Benzino didn't get exposure of the disses actually being released officially on such a high selling album and having the songs performed for years to come.

Not only did Em diss him on the album but freestyles, guest appearances, and the Tim Westwood interview.

I feel like all the Canibus stans are going to point to some shyt like "dr c phd" or the bars in "curriculum 101" and say "he did respond" not knowing the difference beteeen a real diss and a few subliminals.

When airstrike came out fakkit ass Ras Kass and them were all "this beef is 7 years old...why is he responding now?". On Bis "how many emcees" Bis said that he thought Em could reverse the cool J curse.

I get that on CTHS Bis was deliberately being ambiguous in response to the lines in "role model" and "get you mad" (and the freestyle that the lyrics were recycled from) and that's why he didn't really respond with a real diss the first time but it don't get any more direct than "Canibytch don't won't no beef with slim no". Bis ripped Beans over "I'll rock your bells like L I ain't Canibus niggga" but oniy had a few subliminal bars in. LL didn't even say Bis' name in 4321 and did everything he could to keep it out of the public and media.

I guess another question is if Em was in the "kamikaze" mindset in 09-10 would he have dissed Canibus back

What do y'all think?

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Canibus wasted 30 pages of rhymes in this motherfukker

You got on Eminem's mom's feminine thong

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
My point is Canibus is the only REAL rapper Em dissed on Eminem show(JD and Limp Bizkit don't count). People like Everlast and Benzino didn't get exposure of the disses actually being released officially on such a high selling album and having the songs performed for years to come.

Not only did Em diss him on the album but freestyles, guest appearances, and the Tim Westwood interview.

I feel like all the Canibus stans are going to point to some shyt like "dr c phd" or the bars in "curriculum 101" and say "he did respond" not knowing the difference beteeen a real diss and a few subliminals.

Nobody cared about Canibus in 2002 and Em was super big. So Canibus was used as a punchline by Em and he got away with it. I stopped hearing Canibus songs in the streets of nyc by 2000 but Without Me was bumping out of cars for a minute in nyc when it was hot in 2002.

As for responding to Canibus in 09-10 I felt like he was throwing subs on the song Rap God were Em speaks on Bus pulling out the notepad.

Rappers are having a rough time period, here's a maxi pad.