Did Michael Jackson really like the music he was making after the Thriller album?

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
yooooooo this shyt is incredible man. Thank you and rep to who recommended it. This is amazing man. He definitely loved what he was making at all times man wtf

Choreography, writing, composing, recording, performance man this man was a real performer this shyt is crazy 😂 the fukking greatest of all time FOR REAL! There is nobody that can duplicate this shyt man!

Kanye West is really the only person close to this as an overall artist. He just had life go too front street. Do not fukking at me 😂

Last edited:

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Babyface even said when he and LA Reid met Mike prior to 'Dangerous', they asked Mike what he liked by them so they could get a feel for what to make for him. He said he liked 'Rhythm Nation". They said "we didn't make that", he said "yeah I know but that's what I like". Then he said he wanted them to do some stuff they'd never done before. Basically, he was looking to recreate a Rhythm Nation-ish album but couldn't get the producers he wanted, so he got the next best, which is why the Mike/Babyface/LA collabs never really happened. They only ended up completing one song together.
How the hell could Michael Jackson not get the producers he wanted? Who did he want?

Anyway, I don’t know. I know he was extremely passionate about his music and craft but I wonder when he wasn’t performing but just listening to his work and enjoying himself/lost in the moment. Not sure but I get the strong feeling that his inner critic was louder than it should’ve been throughout his life, even with finished/acclaimed songs/albums.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
How the hell could Michael Jackson not get the producers he wanted? Who did he want?

Anyway, I don’t know. I know he was extremely passionate about his music and craft but I wonder when he wasn’t performing but just listening to his work and enjoying himself/lost in the moment. Not sure but I get the strong feeling that his inner critic was louder than it should’ve been throughout his life, even with finished/acclaimed songs/albums.

He ended up being somewhat of a perfectionist and put pressure on himself to match or top his greatest accomplishment. So I can't imagine him putting out something he didn't feel was 100%.

He was inspired by Rhythm Nation... he wanted Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis.