Did your daddy ever tell you "I love you"?

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Magic-Smiley.png

Just driving that shyt into the ground huh?

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
Yeah all the time. My dad was in the army when I was a kid and he was deployed to Iraq and Bosnia. He used to say(still does) that life is short and unpredictable, what’s here today could be gone tomorrow. He also told us(my brother and I ) that his father never told said I love you to him and he wanted his children to never feel any doubt. So… I can’t relate to what was in the opening post, because I know for a fact that was /am loved unconditionally.

AggiePride336.

Black American. The Sipp/Carolina.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Didn’t say it often growing up, but he did say it. Even now, we talk maybe 3/4 times a month over the phone. He says it after each conversation, where as my mom and I talk 3/4 times a week and she says it everytime. He talks with my daughter every Sunday, and tells her he loves her everytime.

Even though he doesn’t say it much, I know he loves me. He has proven that through the love shown, the sacrifice, and just overall being there whenever I needed him. Hes my hero, and the man I’ll call whenever any problems arise.

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
My parents dont straight up say it using those exact words , but in other ways they do.
Saying things like im the most important thing in their life and similar phrases.