Disney Animated Films Appreciation Thread

What is the greatest Disney animated film of all-time?

• Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

• Fantasia 2000

• Bambi

• Alice in Wonderland

• Sleeping Beauty

• The Jungle Book

• Robin Hood

• Frozen

• The Little Mermaid

• Beauty and the Beast

• Aladdin

• The Lion King

• The Hunchback of Notre Dame

• Lilo & Stitch

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
Well I've had the opportunity to watch a few of the old Disney films during any free time I can muster up at work. The 90s releases hold up so well, even to this day. Disney couldn't do any wrong that decade, releasing classic upon classic with the likes of The Lion King, Aladdin and Beauty and the Beast, to name a few.

As much as we enjoyed these films as kids, and while the target audience very much remains family-oriented and especially for children, seeing those films with a broadened intellectual capacity and under adult eyes makes you view things in an entirely different light.

Kids for the most part will only ascertain evil/dark themes through direct visuals. Seeing something like this
anigif_sub-buzz-19705-1502925815-3.gif

is undoubtedly terrifying to a child, but to fully grasp the context behind it and to delve further into the symbolism makes it that much more potent in its aim.

Kids know that Scar and Frollo are 'bad' characters, but will they ever really grasp the full extent of their malevolence?

Contrarily, kids will also view characters like Aladdin as pure heroes. But an adult won't be so quick to sweep his thievery or manipulation of the 3-wish system under the rug.

Point is, these films are layered with depth (character-wise and thematically) and are animated so well that they hold up today. Thought this would be a great thread to restore the nostalgia.
:blessed:

What are your favourite moments from the Disney Animated film series? Favourite film? Favourite character?

Snow-White-and-the-Seven-Dwarfs-snow-white-and-the-seven-dwarfs-24253029-499-281.gif

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
I think the Lion King had the most impact out of that list but the whole list is solid.

Is it your favourite film? If so, why?

LK is probably the crowning achievement of Disney films tbh. Remains their most iconic release and for good reason. Animated perfectly, great characters, colours and the music was :whew:

Daps
Lady & the Tramp just got released from the vault if anyone collects them

Lady-and-the-Tramp-Signature-Collection-330x400.jpg

Rich girl falls for the street hustling, homeless, playboy

And if I hired that fat woman to watch my baby, and she put my dog out, my foot would be on her, and those damn badass cats' necks. I am not Siamese, and I don't please!

:birdman:

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
Its the story I related to the most, i always kinda felt like a beast that didnt deserve love

The irony of course is that you're a woman in this scenario. But I highly doubt you are a beast...
:francis:

Even if you consider yourself a beast, remember that the beast won in the end. Moral of the story being to not judge a book by its cover.
:yeshrug: