Diehard Jimmy Buckets fan
Daps
Reppin
I bought a Carbon 15 when I was 18
wpid-enva9.jpg

LilJuicyTaco

Tha Sickest
Daps
if i told you guys some canibus story many would DIE and probably call me a liar lol

my uncle used to be bis stan in the 90s lol..i cant even tell him

let's just say homie approached a well known producer to "find me a rapper to write me a hit" lol then told said producer to make a HIT around those lyrics and make him then record it. Then walked out...without even saying bye.

:dead:

Yes, he's used ghostwriter's in the past. Even Royce 5'9 said it hurt him when Canibus asked him to write his verse for one of their collabs. I know more about this as well but won't speak on it.

Sugar

Banned
Daps
Yes, he's used ghostwriter's in the past. Even Royce 5'9 said it hurt him when Canibus asked him to write his verse for one of their collabs. I know more about this as well but won't speak on it.

Man everybody uses ghost writers :skip:

:heh: Yall really think Nas wrote Queens Get the Money?? That's Jay Electronica all the way. I wasn't fooled when Nas tried to cop pleas after Dream Hampton exposed him.

Demon

Evil b*stard
Daps
Reppin
Hell on Earth
if i told you guys some canibus story many would DIE and probably call me a liar lol

my uncle used to be bis stan in the 90s lol..i cant even tell him

let's just say homie approached a well known producer to "find me a rapper to write me a hit" lol then told said producer to make a HIT around those lyrics and make him then record it. Then walked out...without even saying bye.

:dead:

Elaborate, Im not calling anyone a liar, i wouldnt put shyt past garbage Canibus

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Smh at some u nyggaz makin excuses for Canibus embarassing himself in front of the hip hop nation. Canibus choked, got exposed and Dizaster killed him. End of story. Stop tryna say "hip hop is dead, so it doesn't matter" Get the fucc outta here. A lot of people grew up idolizing Canibus and worshiping him as if he wasn't a flawed human being. I grew up listenin and supportin Canibus. Dude is ill. BUT let's just keep it 100, he totally embarased himself and should never be allowed to battle again. And dizaster dropped more ether on him on this youtube video

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Elaborate, Im not calling anyone a liar, i wouldnt put shyt past garbage Canibus

It sort of sounds like how Airplanes/Nothin on You was being passed around permade and shyt before Lupe passed up on it and then B.o.B. took it.

At least that's how I'm interpreting it...

MouseTeeth

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens
:manny: all these dudes spit writtens, even disaster ...just bc he snuck in some off the top lines I'm supposed to believe he came off the top n spit a perfectly structured verse w mad multis that was cohesive without pausing or fukkin up? :stopitslime: gimme a break

Also I hate this whole notion that "freestyle" = off the head...Big Daddy Kane the gawd himself broke it down that freestyle was a rhyme that was "free of style" meaning u could talk about whatever u wanted (usually braggadocio) n when ppl wanted to spit something that wasn't written they'd call it an "off the head"...somewhere over time the lines got blurred. Everytime u hear a rapper on the radio free styling or one of these lame ass battlers free styling, it's all written in advance, practiced, and premeditated. This is fact, this kid Rone I know battles on these shyts all the time n told me this firsthand.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
nikka please I worked with Parliament funk snoop and turned down a deal with MCA ... you trying to tell me I dont know what im talking about when YOU nikkaS cant make music ... even this wack nikka cant make music thats why he is only given a 60 second window to speak

step your reality game up fanboys .... dont tell a musician how music is made if all you can do right is listen to it

Im a canibus fan but diz didnt destroy canibus
when was the last time canibus was actually relevant? fukking 2003?

wtfyomom

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i hate all that freestyle garbage for the whole battle to be honest. Its great to be able to freestyle so you can incorporate smthg into the written or as an aside to the written but when the whole battle is freestyle youre talking about Jin. Remember how bad this nikka was? To me what battle rap is now which started with Smack, you could call it whatever you want, if the purists dont want to call it a real battle cause it aint off the top fine fuccck off then, but this shiiit is way doper that that whole battles off the dome bullshiit