Dizaster explains why Canibus pulled out the notebook

Trapped

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikka please I worked with Parliament funk snoop and turned down a deal with MCA ... you trying to tell me I dont know what im talking about when YOU nikkaS cant make music ... even this wack nikka cant make music thats why he is only given a 60 second window to speak

step your reality game up fanboys .... dont tell a musician how music is made if all you can do right is listen to it

Im a canibus fan but diz didnt destroy canibus
when was the last time canibus was actually relevant? fukking 2003?

We all know that Canibus was irrelevant since Mic Club and Rip The Jacker albums...BUT, this battle was more than just a battle like any other. Canibus was still a name that brought attention to his fans, to a fanbase that kinda forgot about him and used to believe that he's got "thousands of bars" stored in head, ready to rip through opponents, the same guy that supposedly battled several Wu-members and put them to shame...the guy that held his own on tracks with legends, from Kool G to Common, to Rakim...

...and that's why it was almost heart-breaking and tragic to see that he is just a delusional rapper that completely lost his path in everything...music, life, and even something as trivial as battling. It was almost like a kid that finds out that there's no real Santa Clause...

Diz didn't destroy his career...but he did destroy any chance of a credible comeback, maybe for ever.

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps

We all know that Canibus was irrelevant since Mic Club and Rip The Jacker albums...BUT, this battle was more than just a battle like any other. Canibus was still a name that brought attention to his fans, to a fanbase that kinda forgot about him and used to believe that he's got "thousands of bars" stored in head, ready to rip through opponents, the same guy that supposedly battled several Wu-members and put them to shame...the guy that held his own on tracks with legends, from Kool G to Common, to Rakim...

...and that's why it was almost heart-breaking and tragic to see that he is just a delusional rapper that completely lost his path in everything...music, life, and even something as trivial as battling. It was almost like a kid that finds out that there's no real Santa Clause...

Diz didn't destroy his career...but he did destroy any chance of a credible comeback, maybe for ever.

:leostare:

What do you expect? I expect rappers are going to lose their edge after almost 20 years of making music. No one will ever forget a prime Canibus.

Trapped

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're missin' my point. And it's one thing to lose your edge or to lose it completely like in the case of Canibus. The battle was supposed to prove that he still has that spark that made him unforgettable...and he did just the opposite. He was aware of the fact that even battle rap has evolved to a stage where battlers put a lot more thought into their rhymes to beat their opponent. Canibus came to the battle with his verse from Second Round KO. That's not losing edge, that's tragic...and hilarious at the same time.