Dj Khaled - Father Of Asahd (Discussion Thread)

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
If he ever releases another album, they're gonna have to scale back entirely from that "album full if anthems" bullshyt especially when regardless of radio airplay, none of his latest singles have the impact of his old shyt.

He needs to start looking at his albums as a collection of deep cuts people dreamed about like he tries to do when he gets nikkas like Nas and shyt on there.

His albums sound straight manufactured from the ground up now from the artists collabing to the sound/structure of the songs. That Nipsey/Legend song is the type of shyt a label and A&Rs would pray for after his death. It's corny.

JB, Chance and Quavo reads like it should be a hit but nobody but young white girls are asking for that. I wouldn't even be upset if him and wanye collabed on some stream of consciousness type raps.

Straw Hat Luffy

Superstar
Daps
The latest music videos makes me not want to listen. Like I don't even like that nipsey record.
I don't know if they were serious or not but on the Joe budden podcast they were talking about how khaled goes off algorithm on who to put in songs.

If that's true then that's why the songs that j have heard fill so manufactured to me. They're like songs that aren't actually songs. No soul no chemistry no actual heart in the songs.

Khaled recently feel like he hangs a bunch of names on the wall and randomly throws darts at them to decide who should be in a song together.

Might just be me idk

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
If he ever releases another album, they're gonna have to scale back entirely from that "album full if anthems" bullshyt especially when regardless of radio airplay, none of his latest singles have the impact of his old shyt.

He needs to start looking at his albums as a collection of deep cuts people dreamed about like he tries to do when he gets nikkas like Nas and shyt on there.

His albums sound straight manufactured from the ground up now from the artists collabing to the sound/structure of the songs. That Nipsey/Legend song is the type of shyt a label and A&Rs would pray for after his death. It's corny.

JB, Chance and Quavo reads like it should be a hit but nobody but young white girls are asking for that. I wouldn't even be upset if him and wanye collabed on some stream of consciousness type raps.

Ever since Khaled got that new level of fame from Snapchat his albums have become formulaic attempts at top 40 hits

He’s basically trying to use samples and high profile names to hit the charts. Recycling collabs like crazy

He needs to go in a different direction for sure. Try to work with more up and comers. Try to make more club music like he use too

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
The latest music videos makes me not want to listen. Like I don't even like that nipsey record.
I don't know if they were serious or not but on the Joe budden podcast they were talking about how khaled goes off algorithm on who to put in songs.

If that's true then that's why the songs that j have heard fill so manufactured to me. They're like songs that aren't actually songs. No soul no chemistry no actual heart in the songs.

Khaled recently feel like he hangs a bunch of names on the wall and randomly throws darts at them to decide who should be in a song together.

Might just be me idk

It’s not just you. Everybody can see this besides who this album is actually marketed towards.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
Ever since Khaled got that new level of fame from Snapchat his albums have become formulaic attempts at top 40 hits

He’s basically trying to use samples and high profile names to hit the charts. Recycling collabs like crazy

He needs to go in a different direction for sure. Try to work with more up and comers. Try to make more club music like he use too

If he worked with more you and comers, I think he would be back on point. Try to line up some of the newer guys with established rappers, just see what will happen.

Curious to see how this does, though. I know the label had to be terrified that the Jay, Beyonce and Future song didn't hit the way it was supposed to

Asiatic Black Hebrew

Zulu passenger out of Africa
Daps
Listened to this all the way through yesterday. Album is incredibly bland & honestly just sounds like a bunch of B-sides.

Only songs I liked were the Meek, Sza & Big Sean ones. But I probably won't even go back to those. I honestly didn't even think the Nipsey song was all that either.

Absolutely horrendous release from Khaled & probably one of the most over hyped albums I've heard in awhile.