DMX Feat. Jay-Z & Nas - Bath Salts (Anticipation Thread) 5/28

BaRRyG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NyC
What does era have to do with it especially since some of the producers you named overlap?

If we are really being honest, I think a lot of people praise Grease over Swizz because of his early DMX work. A lot of Grease's work outside of X wasn't all that great. For example, he did work on I Am and Nastradamus, and his contributions to those albums were bottom tier. Best joint he did for Nas was "Wanna Play Rough" and it ended up on a compilation.

I Am and Nastradamous took part in that. Nas chose those beats to spit to. That's Nas fault to some extent. Those albums was Nas at his so called "worse"

Swizz is more hype than skill IMO.

Ny needed a super producer at that time

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
Swizz is known to front acapellas and remix them as if it's new...The N came out in 2005 and Swizz remixed it using his Top Down beat in 2009 acting like those vocals just came out while adding his bullshyt club chants for the chorus

props; i wasnt fa-milly wit that LIG session

regarding the N and top down ; they are the same song; im pretty sure top down was first but it leaked years later

remember swizz and nas been cool forever and he did a lota the VS jayz shyt

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
This probably gonna be "Born Again" status...but that Bath Salts track was hard, the low quality version I heard. Might've just been the moment. Swizz's beats bang, but they're trash at the same time. Strange dichotomy. They need to keep Jada on there tho, wtf...

Mr. Riddim

All Star
Daps
"Hate start with H 'cause the H come after a G
They won't say it face to face, they say it after I leave..."

:ahh: