DMX Feat. Jay-Z & Nas - Bath Salts (Anticipation Thread) 5/28

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
I like this song, the best can be annoying but the verses make up for it. Jay should’ve recorded it again.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
What does era have to do with it especially since some of the producers you named overlap?

If we are really being honest, I think a lot of people praise Grease over Swizz because of his early DMX work. A lot of Grease's work outside of X wasn't all that great. For example, he did work on I Am and Nastradamus, and his contributions to those albums were bottom tier. Best joint he did for Nas was "Wanna Play Rough" and it ended up on a compilation.
I have honestly no issue with most of the beats Dame Grease gave to Nas. But Dame Grease made magic with Max B.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
The OG Nas song with Swizz during LIG era is called "Street shyt"....not sure who had amnesia and renamed it "Bath Salts" simply because Nas said it on the chorus, but the OG just had Nas on it for the 2012 listening party

Nas previews 'Life is Good' album in New York | Recap + Video | SoulCulture

Quickly shouting out Erick Sermon in the audience Nas screamed a question at the room: “Can I take you to the motherfukking darkside??” Likening the sound and impact to that of the Diddy/Bad Boy era a la G. Dep‘s “Special Delivery,” Swizz promptly spazzed on the mic and enlisted the room of willing participants to the next song’s opening chant – “This that street shyt n***a, fukk that weak shyt!” – bouncing around the small stage and knocking the all-important laptop off its stand, almost breaking the damn thing as Nas spat; “My instincts got me in this Kurtis Blow culture.”

We never got to hear the whole song, as wanton as the room was. By now the music desk was a mess with knocked glasses and bottles, the party as much on stage as in the crowd and Nas concluded: “We got one,” adding, “we might drop that tomorrow…” – Swizz vigorously agreeing.

^fukking 9 years go by and we finally hear that shyt, but with some Nas verses redacted for a Jay verse and a recycled DMX verse X already had for another song released in 2016...still salty Jada got taken off

compare the 2 DMX verses, they are the same acapella

Swizz is known to front acapellas and remix them as if it's new...The N came out in 2005 and Swizz remixed it using his Top Down beat in 2009 acting like those vocals just came out while adding his bullshyt club chants for the chorus

and people here already said that swizz was sitting on those Bono vocals and his instrumental for more than a decade

:russ::ohhh:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
This is 2021’s Hip Hop Travesty. All Swizz had to do was leave that Street shyt chorus and Jadakiss vocals on and no thread needed to be made

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I Am and Nastradamous took part in that. Nas chose those beats to spit to. That's Nas fault to some extent. Those albums was Nas at his so called "worse"

Swizz is more hype than skill IMO.

Ny needed a super producer at that time
I am is fire. I'm not sure where that narrative came from that I am isnt dope. It has at max 3 misses. Everybody was rocking with I am when it dropped and it received good ratings.

L $ C

Superstar
Daps
Nas bodied this, song is ok I would say isnt bad but wow that nas verse