Do I need to watch all of the Avenger member's movies before seeing the Avengers?

Soundwave

No Known Weaknesses
Supporter
Daps
Watched all of them (except Iron Man 2) before seeing the Avengers last night :win:

jajahoe

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
KIlleen, TX
i havent seen the avengers yet but u think the main bad guy being loki, soooo thor would probly be a must see if u are not up on the avengers lore like that

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No, the characters don't matter in the movie much. Ironman, Captain America, and Thor are worth watching if you like Avengers though.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I wonder what movies were most essential to seeing Endgame?

All the Avengers movies are at the top. They showed the relationships the characters have with each other and they're also the movies that are referred to the most.

The Captain America movies help but maybe not absolutely essential? Except for Civil War which I think of as an Avengers movie anyway.

You're probably completely lost on every Guardians scene if you haven't watched the first GOTG movie. Not to mention that it introduces Thanos and the stones. 2nd one is completely unnecessary.

Ironman 2 and 3 are pretty irrelevant I think. Ironman 1 gives a lot of depth to who Tony Stark started out as though.

I haven't seen any of the Thor movies (except the first 1/3 of Ragnarok which I turned off cause it was so bad), and that made me kinda lost a number of times. There were a lot of Thor characters in Endgame who hadn't showed up in any of the previous Avengers movies.

On the other hand, not seeing either Antman movie, Captain Marvel, or Hulk didn't affect me at all.

Black Panther is pretty much a stand-alone movie and not necessary to get Endgame.