do it even make sense to date outside career field? IMO careers might be the best place to start

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if y'all have the same career interest...to me thats the best place to start. because y'all understand each other better. it makes sense, this is a capitalistic society , so why not start with same field? since you're going to spend most of your life dedicated to your job , why not select off of that first? and then narrow it down.. plus y'all can help each other and understand each other lifestyles

what sense would it make for a chemical engineer to date a lawyer or a tech worker to date a nurse? at some point they're bound to clash

but if you have 2 people that work at the same restaurant for example. they know each other schedule, they can talk about the job, and they can come to together and build their relationship goals around advancing in their career

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
2 artists or designers would click, esp. if they start their own design firm.

• Dap
Reactions: DrX

DrX

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
in a perfect world.....

but women want a boss nikka and men want the baddest chick.... and those two things usually dont connect when working in the same place together.... women seek the top dawgs, men seek the most beautiful chick....
maybe....but not everybody want that type of relationship....not everybody into the boss chick and boss nikka lifestyle

DrX

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What a boring ass life. I would hate that. All you would talk about is work and stuff centered around that. shyt would have me ripping my hair out
actually it not boring because yall can build yall dream together

Ms.CuriousCat

All Star
Daps
Variety and bringing in something I don't have. That's the spice of life. Teach each other something you don't know.

If you're in the same field aren't you in direct competition?

FSP

Banned
Daps
Variety and bringing in something I don't have. That's the spice of life. Teach each other something you don't know.

I was about to say this is some female shyt but then I saw that you were female

That's a 1 way street pretty much. If you're a dude looking for a different kind of chick, then suddenly you're out of your element and need to stay in your lane.

But women can fukk pro athletes and entertainers all they want, so...

Ms.CuriousCat

All Star
Daps
I was about to say this is some female shyt but then I saw that you were female

That's a 1 way street pretty much. If you're a dude looking for a different kind of chick, then suddenly you're out of your element and need to stay in your lane.

But women can fukk pro athletes and entertainers all they want, so...

I don't get it :patrice:

Smashius Clay

The Millennium Brotha I Be
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Perpetual World Traveler
This. You don't want to ever have the conversation where she insinuates she's better at something than you are or vice versa. Competition is rarely friendly and most men don't want to feel emasculated when their girl is crushing it in the same field as them.

Now if it were complementing skills such was developer/designer, contractor/real estate agent, entrepreneur/accountant.... I can see it working very well.