Do Kids Still Sell Candy/Food in School? Did you?

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Growing up I wanted to have some pocket change, so my mom used to hit the .99 cent store and fill a separate bag full of now and laters, gatorades, gum, and chips to take to school and sell to kids as a way to make money.

There used to be serious competition in the schoolyard because more people started selling something at one point, but the game was never the same when this one Mexican family started slanging burritos at lunchtime :wow: I had to back out:hubie:

Do kids still do this? Did you used to sell your lunch in school? You making your kid sell candy? I think it’s a pretty good way to learn finance as a child for what it’s worth. Discuss.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
My 10 year old daughter brought home 60 candy bars to sell recently for a fund raiser. I told her I’d get the family to buy some before the deadline. I guess she got tired of waiting so she took the box to school and came back home with 16 candy bars left and $44. I asked her how the hell she managed to sell candy bars to the same people that had their own boxes of candy bars…she just shrugged and kept it moving. All I could think is wtf :what:

Vic Damone. Jr

Don't support the phonies, support the real
Daps
Reppin
Memphis TN
I did my sophomore year in HS for a sec, but stopped cause folks didn’t know how to shut the fukk up and keep it lowkey so a few teachers told me to stop :martin:

Did it a little longer after school tho till I said I’m finished for good :youngsabo:

Windows 91

Unreleased Operating System
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
C:\
I always respected the hustle of school candy and chip sellers. There was one dude at my high school that was always selling candy. I'd buy Frooties and chews from him damn near everyday on some crackhead type shyt.

Rg