Do people here listen to the Context of White Supremacy? (C.O.W.S)

Discussion in 'The Root' started by MansaMusa, Dec 12, 2016.

1. GZR

GZR Final round Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    London, UK
    Coli Cash:
    $224500.00

Yes

Those are the two appearances I know of, there may be more:yeshrug:

MrNoFlyZone and EastCoastNaga dapped this.
  2. The Chief

The Chief الرجل لديه تعال Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    The Ancestors
    Coli Cash:
    $300500.00

Thanks

EastCoastNaga dapped this.
  3. voltronblack

voltronblack Pro

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

4. repciprocity

repciprocity All Star

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

Book Club moved to thursdays and the expansion of one of the greatest crossovers in history: The Man-Not on the C.O.W.S

The Odum of Ala Igbo and omnifax dapped this.
  5. The Odum of Ala Igbo

The Odum of Ala Igbo Hail Biafra!

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    The Republic of Biafra
    Coli Cash:
    $300500.00

Can't wait to listen!

Jammer22 dapped this.
  6. Cape Town JHB

Cape Town JHB Pro

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

He was on twice. First in 2011 when he was promoting Hidden Colors 1.. He spoke briefly and got off the phone too quickly. He didn't rate Gus high enough to stick around for hours. Since then he discovered and studied a lot of Gus' shows and to an extent Tariq's Sunday Shows are just a loose funny "uncodified" version of what Gus does.
    He came back on the show this year or ladt year and they broke down the racism in the Purge movies. I listen to Tariq all the time but Gus is the most adroit person at discussing racism. Tariq is by far the funniest.
    Peace from South Africa.

Tony_Bromo dapped this.
  7. Cape Town JHB

Cape Town JHB Pro

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

So sorry for the late reply I'm never on this forum coz the standard of posts took a massive dip since the 2012-2014 days when i was a serial lurker.

The Ric Flair 30 for 30 documentary is an interesting study in white male bravado/sexuality being embraced and celebrated to the point where the Ric Flair "Whooooooo" shout is embedded in the Popular Culture Lexicon.
    Especially if you know that the so-called "Attitude Era" that Ric Flair pioneered in the 80s and Vince McMahon monetized in the mid to late 90s was largely based on the life of Mohammed Ali. The Rock, Ric Flair etc all tailored their personnas and "shyt talking" on Ali. The contrast between how hated Ali was and how hated Floyd Mayweather still is, vs the sheer embrace and iconic status of Ric Flair, a deadbeat dad/ alcoholic/Gifted Athlete and stuntman, is a fascinating study and phenomena to observe.
    Also Ric bleached his hair blonde throughout his career and in his own words "blondes have more fun"... COWBELL!

If you watch the documentaries i suggested and you have less than 5 years of counter racist study most of them will fly over your head. You have to be well versed in the works of Dr Amos Wilson, Dr John Henrik Clarke, Dr Frances Cres Welsing etc etc to spot the racist nuances that become glaring if you know what to look for. Example the Robert Crumb documentary

Milk, Jammer22, omnifax and 1 other person dapped this.
  8. Cape Town JHB

Cape Town JHB Pro

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

Damn wtf!! I knew she some health issues etc but wtf????

Im a day one listener... Remember when it used to be Pam, Thomas from NY, the irretating woman with the thick West Indian accent, Cree etc

Pam was always the most relatable person on the old COWS. You could tell her lack of patience for "c00ns" and how she would struggle to keep codified and was always extremely honest about her own flaws and white identification etc. fukk breh

Milk and Tony_Bromo dapped this.
  9. Cape Town JHB

Cape Town JHB Pro

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

I can answer this question very simply. Gus T Renegade is now a seasoned veteran and has the wisdom and battle scars of an 80 years old.
    Gus has been operating on Autopilot idesay since 2014/15 onwards.
    He has quite literally broken down and interviewed every conceivable white racist trope there is. He no longer has that Fresh outta college youthful exuberance he possessed 2009-2012. The irony is that once the production value of the show became impeccable Gus stopped giving a fukk... But when the sound quality was garbage and calls were barely audible and the show used to cut off randomly etc this was the best counter racist programme out there and his archives are still an incredible collection of counter racist study.

Only thing is you're gonna have to stomach the 10 year old "Justice" and her scripted questions.

In closing Gus stopped giving a fukk years ago. He's on autopilot. I only listen to Compensatory Call In news clips now. The newer callers are nauseating.

Peace

Tony_Bromo dapped this.
  10. DaRealness

DaRealness Superstar

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    LDN, UK
    Coli Cash:
    $345500.00

Has that girl Justice left the show? She was cute lil kid and I was glad someone that young was learning the real deal about white supremacy. I thought that was his daughter when I first started listening. She must be like 19 by now now.

But I don't thing The COWS has as big an audience, he should go back on youtube. I like how he used to give cacs that work....way better than Tariq Nasheed does IMO who somewhat lowkey soft shoes because his wife is half white.

And yeah, I miss Pam. :mjcry: It wouldn't be the same without her input.

The Odum of Ala Igbo dapped this.
  11. Losttribe

Losttribe [Formerly Blackking]

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $100500.00

What did they go through?

12. Losttribe

Losttribe [Formerly Blackking]

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $100500.00

How have they used metaphors? Don't we use metaphors ?

Any episodes you'd recommend?

13. You Win Perfect

You Win Perfect bow down

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $404947.96

i just listened to this episode again :mjlol:

CreepyMcCreeperson dapped this.
  14. omnifax

omnifax All Star Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Coli Cash:
    $343000.00

I see. I have not seen the documentary so I was curious why it was mentioned.

15. fairfax12

fairfax12 Pro

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

I came across this episode while I cleaned up around the house today....If all racists were this honest, black people would NOT be as confused about what the problem is and how to fix it. Sorry to bump such old material but I really thought this whole episode was a gem.

Milk and xoxodede dapped this.