Discussion in 'The Arcadium' started by PS5, Jun 23, 2021.
Nah. Switched from 360 to the PS4 during the jump to last gen.
To pass on a system because it's not another system isn't what a gamer would do. This behaviour has always been strange to me because I grew up with Sega and Nintendo. People debated hard over SNES and Genesis but the truth was both had flames and you lost if you didn't play both.
Nowadays both systems get everything mostly (wasn't like that back in the day young folk) so you only need multiple systems for exclusives but that's not entirely true either. Xbox live factors, and now xcloud and gamepass factor. So to pass on that, now? You can't truly be a gamer imo. There's so much you missed out on that you can play in gamepass. You couldn't finish it all, but fukk all that, just wait till next year to play the PS5 version of a PS4 game
I had a PS3 fat & slim and 360 OG & slim consoles all at the same time. Trying to buy games for two different consoles were no joke and I almost learned it the hard way.
The direction that video games has been going over the last 15+ yrs imo is that you basically can get 90% of the same games on either console. So why buy two different consoles? Imo, when I buy games I take price & exclusive games into consideration. Between PS & Xbox exclusives it's Sony for me.
That's cool at first right, but when you have this mentality for generations then you develop a bias and you think all the shyt you missing out on are not even worthy to play.
THAT'S WHERE Y'ALL BE TRIPPING AT
So you’re not a gamer if you pass up on xbox but you’re certainly a grade A gamer for passing up a PlayStation. Got it
I've had every Sony system until now. And I still played PS4 games that I wanted to try. How many exclusives was released last gen. And I mean worthy ones? it's not like I missed 10 all-time classics. Y'all overhype everything btw so games fail because of them hype, then you move on to the next exclusive. That's the Sony way, so by default y'all suspect gamers in general. That's also the reason why Sony gamers praise Nintendo because they can't get that on PSN but Xbox? best of both worlds, you knock them for having all types of games which is anti gamer imo
but you don't need an Xbox to play Xbox games
Before I bought my PS5 (and before I buy any system) I checked to see what both had to offer. Like I said before 90% of the games you can buy on either console so the other 10% to me is figuring out who has the better exclusives. I understand that XSX has gamerpass where you can play all (if not most) the games ever released on Xbox. But if I had a PS5 that's B/C why would I hop over to XSX when I have a backlog from PS4 that would hold me down until PS5 exclusives kick in?
Also, I noticed when I do check for Xbox content their primary focus when it comes to there exclusives is always focused on marketing shooters or racing games. Sony has always had a diverse exclusive games from Uncharted to Infamous to Spider-Man. The only credit I can give Xbox over Sony is that XbLIve >>> PSN.
Don't care for Halo, gears, or forza.
Yup and this is why XBox stays behind Sony in sales every generation a console drops. Microsoft focuses too much on fps & racing games which is why the 360 has been the only system I bought from MS in the past. Even with that said, I turned around 4 yrs later and copped a PS3 fat from eBay b/c I got bored with the 360 after awhile.
The few xbox games that catch my attention ,
i end up playing it on PC.
I don't know about anybody else, but I pass on things where I don't see a need. That's not a knock at the Xbox. MS has done a hell of a job increasing their library and making the platform more attractive with their services, but not in a way that interests me personally. I got a 360 back then for its early Japanese support. There's nothing like that on the Xbox now that I can't get elsewhere. And if TGW releases something cool later on, I can try it out on PC.
Last time I owned Xbox was 360 then I went back to Sony's PS4, glad I made the right decision.
Yeah unless you prefer shooters no reason to go back unless gamepass is really appealing to you
Xbox 360 had a bunch of games along with Japanese games, etc. 360 online was GOAT. Xbox One don't have shyt to play.