Do teams wash uniforms or players get a new uniform every game?

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
New York
:patrice: I was just wondering. Basketball and hockey teams play a minimum 82 games a season. Baseball teams play 162. Are these teams washing their uniforms or do they give them new ones every game?

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
:dahell: Dead ass?

Usually the team provides the initial jersey. NBAMLB might be different because I don’t think they customize the fit like NFL/NHL.

But yeah anytime you have to replace your in game jerseys the player pays at a discounted price of course.

That’s why most pro jerseys are stitched out so it last throughout the season. A screen printed NFL jersey would last about 3 washes from those high powered machines before all the ink starts to fade.

edit: Looks like same thing applies to the NBA.

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
New York

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

HERES YOUR ANSWER

"However, it’s worth noting that an NBA jersey typically lasts for about 4-5 games before needing replacement"

:devil:
:evil:

RedBull

All Star
Daps
Reppin
On KRS One's nose, eating sunflower seeds.
When I worked as a ball boy (pause :dame: ) for the Nationals part of the job was collecting all of the jerseys/pants and getting them ready for the equipment manager to put in the wash. There was a whole laundromat in the clubhouse.
How do they differentiate everything besides jerseys? Shorts, t-shirts, socks, under garments, etc.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
How do they differentiate everything besides jerseys? Shorts, t-shirts, socks, under garments, etc.

They have the player’s last name on the pants so you can tell who’s is who’s and the player’s last names and numbers were on the tops so easy enough. Pause but I actually wore Alfonso Soriano’s old pants when I had to suit up and be in the dugout.

Can’t remember exactly how socks worked but I remember they would get washed too. Cleats all had names on em too so you could tell but they usually stayed by the player’s lockers.