Do you believe it is a man's nature to be monogamous?

Is monogamy a man's true nature?

• Yes

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 84.3%

• Total voters

UnQuantized

All Star
Daps
Natural doesn't equal good or better. Plumbing isn't natural, but humans recognized a need for it. Society tends to flourish when people are monogamous, the patterns in history are clear. Otherwise you have powerful men forming harems and a dangerous contingent of nihilistic, angry men with literally nothing to lose. Ironically our technological and sociological progress is causing us to repeat eerily similar mating patterns of the hunter gatherer period, where you have a few men having the majority of sex in soft harems, the women don't always know they are sharing a man. This always happens when a civilization is in decline.

Kokoro

Passion
Supporter
Daps
I think it varies from person to person

I don’t understand speaking so generally on things like this

I’m sure some people are monogamous. Some aren’t monogamous. Sometimes people stay monogamous for a few years and then become polygamous. It’s whatever.

Jesus Bhrist

All Star
Daps
I believe monogamy is a social construct created to prevent mutiny and coup D’tat’s from happening amongst powerless men with no resources or influence. If only men with influence and a disproportionate amount of control over resources were allowed to procreate and have multiple women, then eventually there will be a rebellion. Biologically men are meant to spread there seed, but not every man has the strength to command other men. We see it all the time. Men who have struck the genetic lottery (Looks, Height, Eye Color, Muscular etc..) but don’t have ambition, self confidence, and are non-confrontational etc.. and then we see fat, balding , out of shape men with power and resources. So naturally they will seize power due to their Machiavellian machinations and attempt to usurp control. So monogamy makes the most sense for the vast majority of men. That doesn’t mean you can negotiate desire. You can be the fat out of shape balding king, but your queen just might let the handsome peasant fukk every now and then lol