Do You Feel Misunderstood At Times? (Family Calls Me A Militant *Story Inside*)

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Dead serious

Alrighty, as you may know I'm vocal and how I feel on everyday events. I vlog a lot on FB. However, I have received blowback (racist Whites & sellout Blacks). However, when I discuss these things with my family (parents & some relatives) I get called a militant :snoop: Crazy part is that I'm not even a militant (More like Radical moderate who wants peace & liberation). How is it that when you state the truth you are perceived as a militant brotha? In response to that I said, "So, you want me to be ignorant and not know my history/world history?". I also discuss religion with them most of the time. For example, Yesterday, my parents got a church dinner from my uncle. He's a loyal church member. However, the dinner contained pork and I called my parents out on that. I said, I thought Christians weren't suppose to eat pork :francis: They asked, When did it say that? I said, Old Testament and that these churches are feeding you swine.

Back to the point, have any of you felt misunderstood? Why is it that Black men can't have a independent voice? I always asked questions, but when I became a free-thinker it became an issue.

Thoughts :francis:

P.S. they also say I'm a militant when I call out the United States's foreign policy and arming of military rebels in Syria/etc.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
you come off as a soft shoe c00n on here tho:jbhmm:
Not really I've always been a moderate if you be honest. I would always say that I support infiltrating political positions (running grassroots campaigns & achieving economic power). Black-Americans do need their own Israel. Man what Liberia could have been and there's still a chance. I've been this way since 2013 tbh.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
The problem with these "militants" is that they're always pointing out the issues and what's wrong but they never giving people solutions... Anyone can point out things that are wrong with the world and with people all day. But if you don't have any solutions or any control over the situations you're constantly yapping about ppl just gonna look at you like :ld:

The world sucks, racism exists. Always has, always will.. :yeshrug:

TRY GOD

BOTH SIDES.
Daps
Reppin
GOD
The problem with these "militants" is that they're always pointing out the issues and what's wrong but they never giving people solutions... Anyone can point out things that are wrong with the world and with people all day. But if you don't have any solutions or any control over the situations you're constantly yapping about ppl just gonna look at you like :ld:

The world sucks, racism exists. Always has, always will.. :yeshrug:
everyone knows what the solution is, aint nobody ready for the solution tho:mjpls:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It sounds like you have obnoxious delivery. "I thought Christians weren't supposed to eat Pork". Did you even say hello first? Ask them how their day was going? I mean it's ok to disagree but you can't force your way of thinking down someone's throat using petty examples like being fed pork at dinner.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
Mfs just need to stop being so passionate about shyt that they can't change.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
It sounds like you have obnoxious delivery. "I thought Christians weren't supposed to eat Pork". Did you even say hello first? Ask them how their day was going? I mean it's ok to disagree but you can't force your way of thinking down someone's throat using petty examples like being fed pork at dinner.
No, my father brought home a church dinner from my Uncle's church fishfry. I'm not religious btw, but I was having a discussion about them with that. We always go hard on each other when we have discussions.