Do You Feel Misunderstood At Times? (Family Calls Me A Militant *Story Inside*)

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Mfs just need to stop being so passionate about shyt that they can't change.
We can change it if we get politically and economically involved. I was a pollster on election day. Also, volunteered for the Sanders campaign. You have to infiltrate these positions to make headway.

Point blank, that's a defeatist argument. So, I guess we can't liberate ourselves from oppression either right :francis:

---

Superstar
Daps
Dead serious

Alrighty, as you may know I'm vocal and how I feel on everyday events. I vlog a lot on FB. However, I have received blowback (racist Whites & sellout Blacks). However, when I discuss these things with my family (parents & some relatives) I get called a militant :snoop: Crazy part is that I'm not even a militant (More like Radical moderate who wants peace & liberation). How is it that when you state the truth you are perceived as a militant brotha? In response to that I said, "So, you want me to be ignorant and not know my history/world history?". I also discuss religion with them most of the time. For example, Yesterday, my parents got a church dinner from my uncle. He's a loyal church member. However, the dinner contained pork and I called my parents out on that. I said, I thought Christians weren't suppose to eat pork :francis: They asked, When did it say that? I said, Old Testament and that these churches are feeding you swine.

Back to the point, have any of you felt misunderstood? Why is it that Black men can't have a independent voice? I always asked questions, but when I became a free-thinker it became an issue.

Thoughts :francis:

P.S. they also say I'm a militant when I call out the United States's foreign policy and arming of military rebels in Syria/etc.

Breh you need to choose it's that simple, the path to knowledge and self awareness is a lonely one. It's either red pill or blue pill.
Either, freedom knowledge self awareness or illusions and falsehoods, and ignorance. But do you breh!

Just need to find like minded people like yourself. Also remember it's not what you say but how you say it.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
We can change it if we get politically and economically involved. I was a pollster on election day. Also, volunteered for the Sanders campaign. You have to infiltrate these positions to make headway.

Point blank, that's a defeatist argument. So, I guess we can't liberate ourselves from oppression either right :francis:

This is a country built off genocide, slavery and racism... We're the minority. There's other places in the world where we're the majority. We have the freedom to go to these places but we simply don't... So who's problem is that?

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Breh you need to choose it's that simple, the path to knowledge and self awareness is a lonely one. It's either red pill or blue pill.
Either, freedom knowledge self awareness or illusions and falsehoods, and ignorance. But do you breh!

Just need to find like minded people like yourself. Also remember it's not what you say but how you say it.
I'm actually very moderate with my approach. I preach liberate for all oppressed people. Even the bigoted poor Whites who felt screwed by their government, but my people will come first. I'd rather be knowledgeable, than ignorant anyday. That's why I want a Black chick who "aware" like myself. However, I'm not going to Capital Steez myself. It's been a lonely road at times even though women approach me.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
This is a country built off genocide, slavery and racism... We're the minority. There's other places in the world where we're the majority. We have the freedom to go to these places but we simply don't... So who's problem is that?
It's the issue of not having real leadership and not coming together and investing as one unit. Take the Jews, Mexicans, Cubans, Irish, Polish, Lemba tribe, Nigerians, and Italians for example.

Woman of god

Banned
Daps
I'm actually very moderate with my approach. I preach liberate for all oppressed people. Even the bigoted poor Whites who felt screwed by their government, but my people will come first. I'd rather be knowledgeable, than ignorant anyday. That's why I want a Black chick who "aware" like myself. However, I'm not going to Capital Steez myself. It's been a lonely road at times even though women approach me.

:jbhmm: if u don't mind me asking, what type of women approach u ? Physically and personality wise ?[/QUOTE]

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
It's the issue of not having real leadership and not coming together and investing as one unit. Take the Jews, Mexicans, Cubans, Irish, Polish, Lemba tribe, Nigerians, and Italians for example.

We're all aware of that. But the black community is just damaged beyond repair and after trying the whole "coming together" black wall street thing and it failing so many times we're really just a lost cause as long as we're in America. When you learn to let it all go, your life will begin breh.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
We're all aware of that. But the black community is just damaged beyond repair and after trying the whole "coming together" black wall street thing and it failing so many times we're really just a lost cause as long as we're in America. When you learn to let it all go, your life will begin breh.
Well I'm fine personally besides trying to find work. However, I'm not hurting for anything. Now, I will always defend my people. I just disagree with the whole, "Our community is beyond repair rhetoric". We have to run the snakes out and fix it up. Drug kingpins, fake pastors, and c00ns are the worst. That's just my view with all due respect.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
Well I'm fine personally besides trying to find work. However, I'm not hurting for anything. Now, I will always defend my people. I just disagree with the whole, "Our community is beyond repair rhetoric". We have to run the snakes out and fix it up. Drug kingpins, fake pastors, and c00ns are the worst. That's just my view with all due respect.

Again I don't disagree with you, but do you have a solution to running these people out? What about the next generation of those people? It's a dead end battle breh. One bad apple dies, another bad apple is born. Just gotta let it go breh. At least we got the freedom to live our lives the way we want and avoid the shyt we don't want anymore.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Again I don't disagree with you, but do you have a solution to running these people out? What about the next generation of those people? It's a dead end battle breh. One bad apple dies, another bad apple is born. Just gotta let it go breh. At least we got the freedom to live our lives the way we want and avoid the shyt we don't want anymore.
We need more people to call it out. Also, we need more mainstream Black leaders who can steer us in the right direction. BTW, we can never rise above our people. Society will still see us as Black. No offense, but I could never give up my Blackness. That means I'd have to become watered down.

---

Superstar
Daps

Go figure a post not even related to the topic that is probably the best post I have seen since I joined here. Black America will never fix it problems as long as they live in America. Repped!
:salute:

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Go figure a post not even related to the topic that is probably the best post I have seen since I joined here. Black America will never fix it problems as long as they live in America. Repped!
:salute:
We also have to work with our African counterparts. For some reason I still think Liberia can be saved. By 2050 the continent of Africa will have a thriving middle class.

ThatTruth777

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People don't like to be preached to.. if they feel they know better than you. I don't know how how many times my dad pulled the "I been on this Earth X amount of years longer than you, what you know that I don't know :dahell:" card :mjlol:. Its usually better to come with your opinion or "answer" if they ask a question and even then you have to be tempered with it. You can even open the convo up with a question to get it started if you really want to. You just have to not be so eager about it.

edited*

Last edited: