Do you have a good reason to believe in god?

InfinateOpulance

All Star
Daps
I'm not going to respond any further to the questions posed since ALL of them have been answered elsewhere in more complete fashion and OP is not really being honest.........

Search | Reasonable Faith <-----Moral Argument

Search | Reasonable Faith <-----Universe from Nothing

Search | Reasonable Faith <-----Euthyphro Dilemma

Search | Reasonable Faith <-----Subjective Morality vs. Objective Morality

Start there and you'll find the answers you're looking for.

Op will still "cherry pick" the parts he doesn't agree with. But thanks for all the interesting responses you gave in this thread.
:ehh:

Menelik II

I wanna see receipts!
Daps
God cannot be seen by mortal eyes - Ancient Kemet book of the dead

Meaning to know God is to become one with him, meaning raise your level of consciousness
if you can't detect him at all, and you can't verify any stories about him, then you can't know him.

blotter

All Star
Supporter
Daps
if you can't detect him at all, and you can't verify any stories about him, then you can't know him.
Fire can't burn itself either, what you described resembles universal law from where I'm sitting.

Menelik II

I wanna see receipts!
Daps
Fire can't burn itself either, what you described resembles universal law from where I'm sitting.
i'm not sure what relevance this has.

i'm talking about something being objectively observable, you seem to be talking about fire burning itself?

blotter

All Star
Supporter
Daps
i'm not sure what relevance this has.

i'm talking about something being objectively observable, you seem to be talking about fire burning itself?
Why are we starting from a working point of separation between God and knowing? Who is this person that stands independent of the causes and conditions of the universe and objectively observes? The point is fire is fire, how does it know itself with fire as the only other reference point, its temperature etc? If we start from a working point that is the opposite of separation, aka unity, then it's seems objectively impossible to not know God. Why are we assuming one over the other? ftr, I don't believe in a God or a soul, just playing devil's advocate.

Marlostanfield.

High On That Ray Charles
Daps

The proverb said humans can't see God. To see God is to become like God. Meaning raise your level of consciousness, your third eye can see God but your two eyes can't. Your two eyes does nothing but give your soul vision into this world. That's why they say eyes are the window to the soul

Menelik II

I wanna see receipts!
Daps
The proverb said humans can't see God. To see God is to become like God. Meaning raise your level of consciousness, your third eye can see God but your two eyes can't. Your two eyes does nothing but give your soul vision into this world. That's why they say eyes are the window to the soul
by third eye i assume you mean pineal gland, this can't 'see' anything. it definitely can't see something that is unobservable.

Marlostanfield.

High On That Ray Charles
Daps
by third eye i assume you mean pineal gland, this can't 'see' anything. it definitely can't see something that is unobservable.

It actually can because instead of seeing multiplicity in the world, it sees everything as one and this one being God.

blotter

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Can we flip for a second, what is the most compelling reason not to believe in God?

The fact that God is not observable in a universe that is perpetually in flux down to the smallest particle doesn't move me much. Really it seems so much easier for none of this to ever have existed, so why don't you believe if you do not? I would say any belief has a weaker pull for me than direct experience of whatever this life is, but interested if anyone wants to take a stab at this one.

Menelik II

I wanna see receipts!
Daps
Can we flip for a second, what is the most compelling reason not to believe in God?

The fact that God is not observable in a universe that is perpetually in flux down to the smallest particle doesn't move me much. Really it seems so much easier for none of this to ever have existed, so why don't you believe if you do not? I would say any belief has a weaker pull for me than direct experience of whatever this life is, but interested if anyone wants to take a stab at this one.
As I don't want to be biased I would use the same test for all claims. "What is the evidence"?

The compelling reason is because there is no evidence whatsoever.

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
Jesus taught the 3RD eye
What was the place called where he was crucified :usure:

Think about the 2 thieves crucified next to him :usure:

Where was Jesus placed :usure:

Everything in the Bible is symbolic once you understand:feedme:

Marlostanfield.

High On That Ray Charles
Daps
Jesus taught the 3RD eye