Do you think LeBron is a top 5 NBA player all-time?

Top Five?

• Total voters

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lebron is the only guy in these top ten list that gets credit for losing in the finals or just being in the finals. But even if you look at finals appearances. Is Lebrons 7 finals appearances in last decade coming from a weak east really that much more impressive than Curry's 5 Finals appearances in the stacked west? Him and curry got the same amount of rings from it too. Kobe also had 7 finals appearances himself from 2000 to 2010 also.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
There are alot of great players who have played but IMO the only two who deserve to be in everyone's top 5 are MJ and Kareem.

If you leave out Bill Russell, OK. Leave out Magic, OK, leave out Kobe, OK. Leaving out LeBron from a top 5 or even a top 10 isn't a big deal. His career isn't finished yet and if he doesn't win another ring he definitely isn't a top 5 player ever. I don't care much for stats or media awards, winning is the most important thing (but not the only thing) and many players have won more than LeBron, and many have won more, with less talent.

Daps
There’s literally only 1 person in NBA history with more NBA finals MVPs than him (2 if we count Russel). No one has won more finals or finals MVPs than him since he game to the league. How is anyone in good faith arguing that 3 finals MVPs doesn’t put him in the top 5.

Mars

Superstar
Daps
LeBron James is hands-down a top 5 all time player.

* Stats/Numbers
* Team win%
* Individual accolades
* 3-time champion
* Only 2 players in NBA history have more MVP's (Kareem,Jordan)
* Only 1 player in NBA history has more finals MVP's (Jordan)
* 8 consecutive finals appearance (9 overall)
* Durability, durability, durability.
* Came back from 3-1 deficit

I don't understand why people hold the 3-6 record against Lebron. When you face stiff competition you're going to suffer some losses. Magic faced better finals competition than Jordan. That's why he has 4 finals losses......Lebron's only blemish is the 2011 finals where he stupidly deferred to Wade.

MvS-9xk4BMZ91P1NN3BHYC8J182NX08wY--kuadZBVQ.jpg

cDZsCkds4VRk6eHqis8yNQloICCGv3EKOhVxrlao-og9vKygGuOwrg1BH7nT-crs12Ru2q1awRJ45-wU2ds2Om57jD_Nj95jFNTVMc5li4pkX7mlA3gs3a1gEkXCB7m_KAA7qHax

NVTpqtb4j2pSgj7seyEjM8YAeAMWlKbNf1b4GfbJIKbRNGksRYFnqUkOB3Q65eIfDNsPYCg8UpabvWsAe2yQOTMqUOv5Y2B0qc3fOyHW0HSvyxKe1-iWwu-6kKaOYHCAK7r350dh

Last edited:

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Yea, he's at least 4 or 5 on my list. I think people are confusing talent with rings. If he played in that era he'd be right under Jordan or Kobe. I'd still rank KD over him.

Daps
There’s literally only 1 person in NBA history with more NBA finals MVPs than him (2 if we count Russel). No one has won more finals or finals MVPs than him since he game to the league. How is anyone in good faith arguing that 3 finals MVPs doesn’t put him in the top 5.
Plenty of players have won more finals.

And if the finals are the be all and end all, you have to look at the finals in totality: only 2 players in the history of the game also have more finals losses than lebron (west, baylor):francis: That cancels out the "only 2 players have more finals mvps" argument.

3 other players also got 3 finals mvps with a better finals record (magic, td, shaq). So one could have mj, magic, shaq and td in their top 4. Add in kareem, russell, kobe, hakeem and bird in the mix, and it's pretty easy to see how one could have a top 5 without bron.

Daps
Plenty of players have won more finals.

And if the finals are the be all and end all, you have to look at the finals in totality: only 2 players in the history of the game have more finals losses than lebron (west, baylor):francis: That doesn't help.

3 other players also got 3 finals mvps with a better finals record (magic, td, shaq). So one could have mj, magic, shaq and td in their top 4. Add in kareem, russell, kobe and bird in the mix, and it's pretty easy to see how one could have a top 5 without bron.

??? How did you quote my post and still mess up the quote? You even bolded the wrong part.

Lebron came into the league in 03. Since the 2003-2004 season, what player has won more NBA Finals than him? What player has won more NBA finals MVP since his rookie year?

Daps
??? How did you quote my post and still mess up the quote? You even bolded the wrong part.

Lebron came into the league in 03. Since the 2003-2004 season, what player has won more NBA Finals than him? What player has won more NBA finals MVP since his rookie year?
Lol @ "since he came into the league" when we're discussing a GOAT list. This isn't a "Greatest Players Since 2003" list. Where does his achievements stand in comparison to the other GOATs?

Daps
Lol @ "since he came into the league" when we're discussing a GOAT list. This isn't a "Greatest Players Since 2003" list. Where does his achievements stand in comparison to the other GOATs?

I respect you for admitting that you failed to comprehend my first point. Also, you get points for the double down. But, my point still stands, part of the conversation is how they played against their contemporaries. And no one has a better body of work over that span.