Does anyone here game competitively? Like actual Tournaments?

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
I play(well played cause marvel is dead right now) UMVC3 competitively. I was pretty good. Probably top 5 in philly. Beat quite a few well known names(K-Brad/Yipes/Evil Rashhan/Marlin Pie/Josh Wong/Demon Hyo)

I tried to play SFV but sf was never really my game. I need something more fast paced.

I was also heavy into the brawl scene. I play Project M as well but that game is grassroots as hell.

I still attened tons of FGC events but im known now as the hype man rather then a player. Marvel 4 is probably the only game that will get me back to fgc. Im taking overwatch semi serious thugh.

Some of my matches

UMVC3

Project M-Starts at 2:03:45. This was just last week.

llt23

All Star
Daps
My best results in fighting game stuff was few years back at Defend the North I got 11th(or 13th? who cares?) in 3rd Strike with Makoto and 9th in KOF with Mr Karate, EX Kyo and Leona. :blessed: I barely even played KOF but that team was so cheap. I always did terrible in SF4 tourneys so I wont even speak on that :sadcam:

Havent done anything with fighters in a long time though, last thing I entered and had mild success with was Guilty Gear with Sin before they nerfed him :sadcam:

FGC people are really cool, its definitely the arcade vibe and very multicultural, I doubt any other video game scene looks anything like the FGC does. But yeah I dont play nothing anymore either, lost interest, dont like paying for online on PS4 amongst other things so havent been playing.:manny:

Last edited:

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
As for me, got my first taste of real tournament with Canada Cup this past weekend. Definitely plan on going again next year, and maybe even hit up a few east coast majors if I get the chance. I'm still not close to where I wanna be with SFV just yet, going to start putting in work next season (2017) when the balance update hits in Jan/Feb. Making top 64 at a big tourney would be so hype.

I recommend anyone who enjoys Street Fighter, Marvel, Guilty Gear, King of Fighters, Tekken or Smash goes to the major tournament being held every year in their city. Whether you're competitive or not, it's a lot of fun and the FGC is some the chillest people you will meet.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Have any of ya'll played real tournaments? I'm not talking online tourney type shyt I mean like leagues/sponsered tournaments? Just tryna see who the hardcore coli brehs are.
Only game I've played competitively was Super Smash Bros Wii U :mjlol:
But I got some skills, just ask some of the brehs on here who I've washed :ufdup:
I want to get into some more competitive gaming, I enjoy the environment and since I suck at sports gaming is my one shot at glory lol
when they first started doing tournaments, i did one. way back in the 90s blockbuster held a gaming competition, i did the first and second one. on the first one, i ranked second in my county (i was living in fairfield county, in connecticut, at the time). second time i ranked 5th. they almost let me move to the state finals the first time because the kid who came in first place hadn't responded to blockbuster's messages.

neph27

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I used to play Madden for cash online and in person at a high competitive level

Flew down to VA to play in $1500 cash games a few times

Had my whole offense and defense audibles set

Making accurate presnap reads every D ya threw at me like a aged Peyton Manning

flummoxing the O with ridiculous gap pressure that you don't know where it's gonna come from

manually building plays after audibling from quarter to goal line to get as much speed as possible

rocket catching like Randy moss over ya man's with any receiver 6'2 and over

those were the days

llt23

All Star
Daps
@Relldaproblem aren't you in new york? You should hit up Next Level Battle Circuit. It goes down every wednesday night i believe.

Alucard, Shine, Arturo, Smug are always there.

Every1 u listed is good peoples, really friendly and willing to help you learn etc. 'Cept arturo always tryna bum cigarettes and borrow lighters. :francis:

I got the scoop on SFV season 2 characters from one of these guys :dame::smugfavre::sas1::sas2:

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
Every1 u listed is good peoples, really friendly and willing to help you learn etc. 'Cept arturo always tryna bum cigarettes and borrow lighters. :francis:

I got the scoop on SFV season 2 characters from one of these guys :dame::smugfavre::sas1::sas2:
I won't ask, but would appreciate the scoop. :sas2:

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
Nobody gonna believe the shyt so doesnt matter if I post it. Here you go Coli brehs

Season 2: Oro, Fei-Long, C.Viper, Dudley, Ed, Sakura
I have a hard time believing there's no Sagat. Unless we get him as a surprise at Capcom Cup or there's more than 6 characters in season 2. :wow:

llt23

All Star
Daps
I have a hard time believing there's no Sagat. Unless we get him as a surprise at Capcom Cup or there's more than 6 characters in season 2. :wow:

I got this info in like July so I'd imagine a lot is subject to change. But I wouldnt get my hopes up for Capcom changing too much up.