Does Ice Cube Rank Higher Than Snoop Dogg In hip hop history in yall opinion?

Sean7

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I honestly like one Snoop album (Some were okay after I guess).. He has more crossover appeal as said and is well known all over the world but music wise Cube no doubt at all... AMW, Kill At Will, Death Certificate, Predator and Lethal Injection was a hell of a run IMO, just a way better catalogue. I did not like that YAYYYYY YAHHHHHHHH Cube a tall though.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
I've been wondering this. Like mainstream wise, it seems like snoop is the west coast king. And usually in top ten lists he ranks higher than cube. Do y'all agree with that tho?
Depends, lyrically and based off classic albums yes.

3:30

Thread Killer
Daps
Reppin
3:30
Both have songs with ICP so I have no bias here, really it's a tough call

Doggystyle is better than any album Cubes ever made but cube has several albums (incuding nwa and wc) better than the rest of snoops albums

I'll have to take Cube overall but it's close

Pretty much this

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Cube is becoming LL Cool J status in the culture.

He's a legend thats starting to become forgotten and lost in history because its been so long since he's dropped relevant music or done anything in the culture to keep his name relevant (outside the Trump shyt).

I noticed a lot of those top 50 lists a couple years ago didn't have Cube on it, when he's clearly someone who has a case for top 10-15 imo.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Both have songs with ICP so I have no bias here, really it's a tough call

Doggystyle is better than any album Cubes ever made but cube has several albums (incuding nwa and wc) better than the rest of snoops albums

I'll have to take Cube overall but it's close
Tha eastsidaz albums are better than the westside connection albums.
full

razassin

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great topic

This a hard one

:patrice:

Cube was the pen behind legendary n culture changing group NWA

He himself had a great solo career with back to back classics

Still culturally relevant thru movies

Snoop on the other hand was the face of Death Row, a solo career thats still goin 30 years strong n has become a cultural icon n known worldwide

I think hip hop history will be kinder to snoop n in my opinion deservedly so

Snoop will still be performin at 70, God willin, he's hip hop's Mick Jagger

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
They both got major play from me during my formative yrs. Cube from 88-93 and Snoop from 92 til 08 for me. So I really listened to Snoop like that from 8th grade til age 30. Ppl always hold Snoop to Doggystyle and shyt on everything afterwards. But from Top Dogg to Ego Trippin, (all platinum albums btw) Snoop had some heat. Which is why I got to give it to Snoop

Biggz1988

Rookie
Daps
Love em both but gotta give it to my man snoop in the long run of things 🤷‍♂️

Both legends

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Friday is well beyond a cult classic at this point. I mean, Thriller is obviously some other shyt lol.
Well I meant when it was first released it was a cult classic compared to Thriller is was the opposite