Dogecoin (DOGE) Discussion Thread

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
- Many are gonna HODL all the way down
- Many are gonna re-invest on the way down, when trend reverses (as crypto has followed boom-bust cycles over last 7+ years) and end up losing their gains and more
- Similar to 2018 bust, many new investors who traded in and out are gonna find themselves owing big taxes, not set aside enough money to pay said taxes (see below)

all i hear from the stock/crypto coli dudes is always save 50% for taxes

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
- Many are gonna HODL all the way down
- Many are gonna re-invest on the way down, when trend reverses (as crypto has followed boom-bust cycles over last 7+ years) and end up losing their gains and more
- Similar to 2018 bust, many new investors who traded in and out are gonna find themselves owing big taxes, not set aside enough money to pay said taxes (see below)

From what I understand, you only owe taxes when you transfer the gained funds to your account. I thought that's how it works?

From my calculations, you should take 20% from those earnings to pay taxes. 20% should cover both short term and long term

lib123

All Star
Daps
From what I understand, you only owe taxes when you transfer the gained funds to your account. I thought that's how it works?

From my calculations, you should take 20% from those earnings to pay taxes. 20% should cover both short term and long term

I don't think that's how it works. You usually owe capital-gains taxes on profits as soon as you sell, whether you transfer funds to your bank account or not. If they are short-term gains (bought and sold within 1 year), the tax rate is the normal income tax rate (up to 37% federal + state). 20% is for gains on investments held over 1 year.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Maybe somebody that's knowledgeable can chime in. Here's the chart I'm referring to regarding capital gains taxes which I think crypto falls under

capital-gains-tax-rates-by-income-for-singles.png

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown

40%