DoorDash warns customers that orders without a tip may take longer to deliver.

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C
This isn't quite accurate. While the federal minimum wage for tipped employees is 2.13 an hour, employers have to make up the difference if the total wages with tips is less than the actual federal minimum wage ($7.25)

But here's the thing breh, people go on this facade that we tip people at these places because of the service they provide, however when someone talks about similar places that also provide services to people who are not tipped and not expected to be tipped, the argument always goes back to how these tipped employees are paid. That to me tells me that it's not about giving a tip for service, it's about giving money to a person because they are paid like shyt and you feel bad. People aren't completely honest when presented with this, and go try to redirect and/or deflect the conversation to the person being an a$$hole who doesn't tip or "just don't go to this place if you don't want to tip". That's all fine and good, but the same attitude isn't kept with other service industries where people are paid low wages is what I am saying about the same energy not being kept. If you want to tip, it should be your discretion regardless whether it is at a restaurant, a fast food place, a department store, a barber shop, or a bank.
Exactly why I don't tip these strippers, they be on TikTok and IG trying to get attention online instead of entertaining the people in person in front of them with actual money :sas2:

The Half-Blood FKA Prince

Shroom gummies, liquor and destiny
Daps
This isn't quite accurate. While the federal minimum wage for tipped employees is 2.13 an hour, employers have to make up the difference if the total wages with tips is less than the actual federal minimum wage ($7.25)

But here's the thing breh, people go on this facade that we tip people at these places because of the service they provide, however when someone talks about similar places that also provide services to people who are not tipped and not expected to be tipped, the argument always goes back to how these tipped employees are paid. That to me tells me that it's not about giving a tip for service, it's about giving money to a person because they are paid like shyt and you feel bad. People aren't completely honest when presented with this, and go try to redirect and/or deflect the conversation to the person being an a$$hole who doesn't tip or "just don't go to this place if you don't want to tip". That's all fine and good, but the same attitude isn't kept with other service industries where people are paid low wages is what I am saying about the same energy not being kept. If you want to tip, it should be your discretion regardless whether it is at a restaurant, a fast food place, a department store, a barber shop, or a bank.
Thats interesting that first paragraph. Ive only worked very briefly one time in my life for a tip based salary as a bus boy, and that wasnt an issue as the spot was fairly busy and the ladies tipped me out pretty well at the end of every shift. I had no idea the spot would have been obligated to bump me up to min wage if they didnt. its good to know though, so thanks for the heads up breh :salute:

Somehow i got a bad feeling folks working those kinda gigs under the table arent afforded the same courtesy though, and if so it would be at the owners discretion i would imagine.

And i do agree whole heartedly the same energy should be kept that anyone working ANY job, and feel very strongly that no matter how "unskilled" or low level that job may be, if u get up out the bed to go out and contribute to society, u are entitled to a fair, decent livable wage. No job is too small or unimportant. As i said in another thread, the customers are not paying mcdonalds execs to sit in a board room. Without the people who cook, ring up and serve that food, there is no business bottom line.

Im not saying every janitor, busboy, or gas station clerk is entitled to live in luxury by any means, but no tax paying citizen should ever have to choose between medicine or heat, food or rent, etc. And that responsibility should certainly not be pushed off onto the consumer. No one getting up and going to work every day, sacrificing a portion of their whole lives should ever have to struggle, especially while they are helping make the people exploiting them even richer.

That, in itself is vulgar and obscene, and thats before we even get into the topic of income tax, and all the disgusting, disrespectfully exploitative fukkery that entails. :scust:

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's the same with Uber eats though, both apps essentially function as bidding systems; you want your food faster? Tip more, if not you may not get or you'll have to wait longer, and that's always been the case.

Telling users that they won't get their food as fast without tipping is a first though(these apps hate to be transparent about anything), but it's something that drivers begged to have happen.
Eh at least Uber eats allow you to see who they are and what car they are driving.

TQbrit

Banned
Daps
Can this simulation end already? I'm so so so so tired yall, every day with some shyt, it never ends 😭😭😭

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LA
If I order from these apps, it's food that'll last 3-4 days. Not worth it otherwise. I always tip.

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
i don't like tip culture. but if you don't want to tip, don't order delivery, and don't go to sitdown restaurants :yeshrug: that's how you avoid it. anyone who doesn't tip a delivery driver is a scumbag
I order to go all the time, and I'm home within 10 minutes....15 tops.

The to-go containers make for some decent tupperware too :ehh: