Doughboyz Cashout's Roc just got murdered

Curioser

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lmao at people in here scared to go to gas stations at night. If you ain’t in the field and live that street life why are you scared to go to a gas station at night? Ain’t nobody checking for y’all.

Born and raised in Detroit and never been afraid of any gas station anywhere. They are not shooting random people at gas stations

bigrodthe1

The Kang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
7mile to SE & Uptown!
Born and raised in Detroit and never been afraid of any gas station anywhere. They are not shooting random people at gas stations
Lies.... Dude I can go grab at least 10 recent stories and videos of gas stations and 10 of stores. Hell a LOT of them in the day time. It's one TODAY where my man shot a nikka trying to rob him in the day time at the store.

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

:hhh:

nikka they robbing random cats at gas stations that LEAD to shooting.

Yea majority of nikkas that's getting merked in the streets are living foul and not innocent

But to say random people at gas stations in Detroit aren't getting targeted is downright stupid:francis:

Curioser

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:hhh:

nikka they robbing random cats at gas stations that LEAD to shooting.

Yea majority of nikkas that's getting merked in the streets are living foul and not innocent

But to say random people at gas stations in Detroit aren't getting targeted is downright stupid:francis:

:yeshrug:Sorry no one I know is afraid to go to the gas station, I'm sorry.... I actually don't live there now but just saying, I used to be everywhere and fear at a gas station never crossed my mind.

Curioser

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
About Blade.... not a killer at all but was definitely gettin it at a young age. Everything he was rapping about and saying in them interviews was facts. I think he was the first dude in high school pulled up with hydraulics in like 10. th grade.

bigrodthe1

The Kang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
7mile to SE & Uptown!
I don't know how to post links but the Detroit news posted an article on Roc being under federal investigation prior to his death.
Doughboy Roc investigated by DEA before death
Detroit — Rapper Doughboy Roc was under federal investigation and had $55,000 seized by U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration agents before being shot to death Monday, The Detroit News has learned.

Court records and sources familiar with the federal investigation offer insight into the final months of the 29-year-old rapper, real name Rodney Yeargin, who gained local fame within the music industry while striving for mainstream success.

It’s unclear whether there’s any connection between the homicide and the seizure of money or the DEA investigation.

Drug dealing and the rap industry have overlapped in high-profile federal investigations locally in recent years. In March, The News reported that DEA agents were investigating Detroit music mogul Brian Brown after an informant identified the BMB Records owner as one of the largest heroin dealers in the Midwest who was using the rap label to launder drug money.

Play Video
52815481001_5376914788001_5376867486001-vs.jpg

The DEA is investigating a local rap music mogul who is accused of being one of the largest heroin dealers in the Midwest. Take a look at the BMB Records founder Brian Brown’s alleged drug empire and locations targeted by federal drug agents.

Though the full scope of the DEA investigation was unclear Thursday, sources familiar with the investigation said federal agents stopped Yeargin on Feb. 28 at Detroit Metropolitan Airport. Agents seized more than $55,000 in cash before Yeargin could board a flight.

Yeargin was never charged with a federal crime.

“It is against Department of Justice policy to confirm or deny an existing investigation,” DEA spokesman Rich Isaacson told The News.

Yeargin was flying with the cash to buy a car in Arizona, said attorney Ivan Land, who was hired to reclaim the cash.

Yeargin earned the money through selling rap CDs and concert performances, the lawyer said.

“My client was not a drug dealer,” Land said. “He was a successful artist.”

Yeargin’s destination in Arizona was unclear, his lawyer said.

Travelers can fly from Detroit Metropolitan Airport to several cities in Arizona, including Phoenix and Tucson. Both are considered by federal drug agents as source cities for large shipments of narcotics to Metro Detroit due to the cities’ close proximity to the U.S.-Mexican border

Land spoke to the rapper three days before the shooting to prepare for reclaiming the money. The attorney had told prosecutors about the source of the cash and planned vehicle purchase in Arizona, he said.

“They said ‘prove it,’” Land said. “We were in the middle of working it out.”

Land does not believe the shooting was drug-related and disputed that Yeargin was being investigated by federal drug agents.

“I don’t think that if a person was in some type of trouble that they would be out in the open like that,” Land said.

Two months after the cash seizure, Yeargin faced a separate legal challenge.

On April 8, he was hit with two cocaine charges in Wayne County, including a 20-year felony, but caught a break.

Instead of 20 years in prison, prosecutors offered Yeargin a deal to plead guilty to attempted delivery/manufacture of less than 50 grams of cocaine. His sentencing guidelines recommended a term of seven-to-23 months in state prison and included the possibility of probation.

Wayne Circuit Judge Dana Hathaway, instead, sentenced Yeargin to two years' probation, according to Wayne County Circuit Court records.

“He was allowed to plead and a sentence of probation would be in line with that type of plea,” said Maria Miller, an assistant prosecutor with the Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office.

Yeargin’s criminal defense lawyer, Kareem LaMount Johnson, was aware of the cash seized by federal agents.

“It was my understanding that all of that money had been lawfully gained,” Johnson said Thursday. “It was just a matter of a young hip hop artist who likes to carry cash.”

The shooting shocked Johnson.

“Oh man, he was such a good kid,” he said. “The last time I had contact with Mr. Yeargin, he was working solely on music.”

The conviction was at least Yeargin’s third serious crime.

In 2011, he was convicted of carrying a weapon with unlawful intent and felony firearm.

After being sentenced for the drug crime in June, Yeargin was ordered to wear a tether until mid-September. He posted a photo of the tether and low-top white Nike Air Force One sneakers on Instagram on Sept. 14 with the hashtag #blessed.

Four weeks later, he was dead.

Detroit Police officers found his bullet-ridden body in a white Hyundai near Stoepel and Westfield Monday afternoon on the city’s west side.

He appeared to have been shot in his right ear and shoulder, police said.

Soon after the news broke that the rapper had been killed, the neighborhood filled with authorities and mourners and tributes from fellow musicians flooded social media.

Monday’s incident is the second fatal shooting in three months involving well-known Detroit rappers. In July, Dominique Brown and Ramell Campbell, known as Domo Brown and 47 Mell, respectively, were killed in a drive-by shooting while driving east on Interstate 94 near Livernois. Police said that killing was the result of an ongoing feud.

Other shootings involving Detroit rappers include:

■Dex Osama, whose real name was Byron Cox, was killed in September 2015 outside the Crazy Horse strip club in southwest Detroit following a fight over a woman.

■ King Gordy, who appeared in Eminem’s movie “8 Mile,” was shot five times in February 2013 during a robbery attempt.

■In April 2006, DeShaun Holton who, as rapper “Proof,” was a member of the Eminem-fronted hip-hop sextet D12, was killed outside the CCC Club on Eight Mile near Gratiot.

■ Obie Trice, also an Eminem protege, was shot Dec. 31, 2005, while driving on the Lodge Freeway.

■Darnell Lyndsey, whose stage name was Blade Icewood, was killed in April 2005 in a drive-by shooting, less than a year after another gun attack had left him paralyzed from the chest down.

Anyone with information about Monday’s fatal shooting is asked to call the Detroit Police Department Homicide Unit at (313) 596-2260. Anonymous tips also can be submitted through Crime Stoppers of Michigan at 1-800-SPEAK-UP.

George Hunter contributed.

rsnell@detroitnews.com

(313) 222-2486

:ohhh:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I thought when I saw that headline, he could have been tied to that BMB crew and Brian Brown, that story is really suspect at this point. He's out on bond on a weapons charge, with a pending indictment for heroin trafficking, yet they have seized a lot of his money, cars, homes, and product.

Buying a car in Arizona :mjlol: boarding a flight with that much cash is just sloppy. But, people do it all the time. His background with that other cocaine charge is looking a little funny.

55 is either two kilos of soft or two kilos of heroin. Or mex packs.

28 Gramz

How U Luv That???
Daps
Reppin
Tre-4,North Carolina
Doughboy Roc investigated by DEA before death
Detroit — Rapper Doughboy Roc was under federal investigation and had $55,000 seized by U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration agents before being shot to death Monday, The Detroit News has learned.

Court records and sources familiar with the federal investigation offer insight into the final months of the 29-year-old rapper, real name Rodney Yeargin, who gained local fame within the music industry while striving for mainstream success.

It’s unclear whether there’s any connection between the homicide and the seizure of money or the DEA investigation.

Drug dealing and the rap industry have overlapped in high-profile federal investigations locally in recent years. In March, The News reported that DEA agents were investigating Detroit music mogul Brian Brown after an informant identified the BMB Records owner as one of the largest heroin dealers in the Midwest who was using the rap label to launder drug money.

Play Video
52815481001_5376914788001_5376867486001-vs.jpg

The DEA is investigating a local rap music mogul who is accused of being one of the largest heroin dealers in the Midwest. Take a look at the BMB Records founder Brian Brown’s alleged drug empire and locations targeted by federal drug agents.

Though the full scope of the DEA investigation was unclear Thursday, sources familiar with the investigation said federal agents stopped Yeargin on Feb. 28 at Detroit Metropolitan Airport. Agents seized more than $55,000 in cash before Yeargin could board a flight.

Yeargin was never charged with a federal crime.

“It is against Department of Justice policy to confirm or deny an existing investigation,” DEA spokesman Rich Isaacson told The News.

Yeargin was flying with the cash to buy a car in Arizona, said attorney Ivan Land, who was hired to reclaim the cash.

Yeargin earned the money through selling rap CDs and concert performances, the lawyer said.

“My client was not a drug dealer,” Land said. “He was a successful artist.”

Yeargin’s destination in Arizona was unclear, his lawyer said.

Travelers can fly from Detroit Metropolitan Airport to several cities in Arizona, including Phoenix and Tucson. Both are considered by federal drug agents as source cities for large shipments of narcotics to Metro Detroit due to the cities’ close proximity to the U.S.-Mexican border

Land spoke to the rapper three days before the shooting to prepare for reclaiming the money. The attorney had told prosecutors about the source of the cash and planned vehicle purchase in Arizona, he said.

“They said ‘prove it,’” Land said. “We were in the middle of working it out.”

Land does not believe the shooting was drug-related and disputed that Yeargin was being investigated by federal drug agents.

“I don’t think that if a person was in some type of trouble that they would be out in the open like that,” Land said.

Two months after the cash seizure, Yeargin faced a separate legal challenge.

On April 8, he was hit with two cocaine charges in Wayne County, including a 20-year felony, but caught a break.

Instead of 20 years in prison, prosecutors offered Yeargin a deal to plead guilty to attempted delivery/manufacture of less than 50 grams of cocaine. His sentencing guidelines recommended a term of seven-to-23 months in state prison and included the possibility of probation.

Wayne Circuit Judge Dana Hathaway, instead, sentenced Yeargin to two years' probation, according to Wayne County Circuit Court records.

“He was allowed to plead and a sentence of probation would be in line with that type of plea,” said Maria Miller, an assistant prosecutor with the Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office.

Yeargin’s criminal defense lawyer, Kareem LaMount Johnson, was aware of the cash seized by federal agents.

“It was my understanding that all of that money had been lawfully gained,” Johnson said Thursday. “It was just a matter of a young hip hop artist who likes to carry cash.”

The shooting shocked Johnson.

“Oh man, he was such a good kid,” he said. “The last time I had contact with Mr. Yeargin, he was working solely on music.”

The conviction was at least Yeargin’s third serious crime.

In 2011, he was convicted of carrying a weapon with unlawful intent and felony firearm.

After being sentenced for the drug crime in June, Yeargin was ordered to wear a tether until mid-September. He posted a photo of the tether and low-top white Nike Air Force One sneakers on Instagram on Sept. 14 with the hashtag #blessed.

Four weeks later, he was dead.

Detroit Police officers found his bullet-ridden body in a white Hyundai near Stoepel and Westfield Monday afternoon on the city’s west side.

He appeared to have been shot in his right ear and shoulder, police said.

Soon after the news broke that the rapper had been killed, the neighborhood filled with authorities and mourners and tributes from fellow musicians flooded social media.

Monday’s incident is the second fatal shooting in three months involving well-known Detroit rappers. In July, Dominique Brown and Ramell Campbell, known as Domo Brown and 47 Mell, respectively, were killed in a drive-by shooting while driving east on Interstate 94 near Livernois. Police said that killing was the result of an ongoing feud.

Other shootings involving Detroit rappers include:

■Dex Osama, whose real name was Byron Cox, was killed in September 2015 outside the Crazy Horse strip club in southwest Detroit following a fight over a woman.

■ King Gordy, who appeared in Eminem’s movie “8 Mile,” was shot five times in February 2013 during a robbery attempt.

■In April 2006, DeShaun Holton who, as rapper “Proof,” was a member of the Eminem-fronted hip-hop sextet D12, was killed outside the CCC Club on Eight Mile near Gratiot.

■ Obie Trice, also an Eminem protege, was shot Dec. 31, 2005, while driving on the Lodge Freeway.

■Darnell Lyndsey, whose stage name was Blade Icewood, was killed in April 2005 in a drive-by shooting, less than a year after another gun attack had left him paralyzed from the chest down.

Anyone with information about Monday’s fatal shooting is asked to call the Detroit Police Department Homicide Unit at (313) 596-2260. Anonymous tips also can be submitted through Crime Stoppers of Michigan at 1-800-SPEAK-UP.

George Hunter contributed.

rsnell@detroitnews.com

(313) 222-2486

:ohhh:

Yeah..doesn't shock me that ROC was still the game. From what I understand DBC was heavy in the streets and flexing before rap, somebody from Detroit could shed more light on that though.

bigrodthe1

The Kang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
7mile to SE & Uptown!
Yeah..doesn't shock me that ROC was still the game. From what I understand DBC was heavy in the streets and flexing before rap, somebody from Detroit could shed more light on that though.
I was always told that they were a front group for REAL street cats.
Why wasn't he making moves with Payroll, who seems to be all legit?
I'm sure Pay still got some street shyt going on as well. What I'm more disgusted about is that Roc was convicted for failure to pay child support
Offender Tracking Information System (OTIS) - Offender Profile
This nikka was moving around with this type of money and couldn't pay I'm sure a small amount of child support :dahell:
all that money talk and you not taking care of your seed :martin: and before ANYBODY come in here talking about the child support laws and shyt..I know for a FACT that it takes a LOT in Detroit for them to even come for you on a felony charge for CS. All these cats need to get they head on right and get their priorities together. :snoop:

Curioser

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
S
Chit do go down at gas stations and stores but I never was on some I can’t stop at this liquor store or gas station because I’m scared type chit.
Chit go down anywhere.... while you driving the car. Nothing special about gas stations. I never had serious beef with anyone so I live worry free. :ahh: