Dr. Boyce Watkins on why AAs tend to avoid the stock market

iFightSeagullsForBread

The Working Class Hero
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere in Chicago
:russ:

I knew your prediactable ass would post this, because you ain't got shyt else to go on. Probably got it bookmarked you step and fetch ass nikka.

I was unaware having conversations with people was the same as openly praising white america. Who's dapped your post multiple times btw.

Then again look who I'm talking to, the personification of insecure pro-black cubicle jockey #2500.

Go cry to DrX in PM (again) thinking he was talking shyt about you when obviously wasn't you blubbering c*nt. :russ:

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stocks are not for the broke. It's like a video game for the super rich.

If you're waiting on 10-15 years you are gambling on something you cannot control which is time/mortality.

I'd much rather invest my money in inventory and flip it now at a much higher rate in my ecommerce stores. But that's just me.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's true. :wow:

I got a nice grip just sitting in a savings account that I'm not sure what to do with and I've always been kinda scared to get into stocks/mutual funds/etc. :mjcry:
Sometimes cash is the best place for your money. The people who had their money in cash in 2007... guess what? They still have it.

Take advice from a man in a wrinkled shirt brehs

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
hear what he's trying to say but he's off the mark. most people take part in the stock market passively through 401k, etc cause they don't have time to actively do otherwise and imo it's the best thing. Black people take a lot of risk. i.e all these black people that put their all in pursuing singing and athletic careers are taking a lot of risk. fighting against brutality and oppression in a violent nation when you're out numbered is taking a lot of risk.

what black people need in america is large solid middle class over a few generations. this is where entrepreneurs come from. when you have a safety net (i.e mommy daddy or relatives), an educated and connected network you can depend on and more avenues where you can raise money from your chances of turning ideas into success is higher. we're not a risk averse people but one that lacks the above.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
fukk the tax rate on stocks, unless it is a gateway blockbuster like krispy kreme, google, yahoo, etc.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Housing, 401k, entertainment, stocks are all ripoffs for a black man, now... real talk

We used to have our own economy and America basically stole our model for grassroots economy for themselves and fukked up everything.
trying to emulate our black economy to profit and revenue gouge the rest of the world.

Art Barr

This applied knowledge they using on us sucks,....

yardman

Mad movements!
Daps
Reppin
Whitehall
A friend of mine saved over three grand of his paychecks in from working during college and I told em to spend some of that shyt on stock instead he spent it all on a computer. Now he hating cause I'm caking I told that nikka.

MajorVitaman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang (formerly Eastcoastnaga)
I got creamed in the stock market last year. 10 racks, gone :wow:

Invest in biotechs and oil tryna make quick money, brehs.

:mjcry:
Damn, what would you do different next time? What advice would you give to a young breh trynna get started in this stock game?

A friend of mine saved over three grand of his paychecks in from working during college and I told em to spend some of that shyt on stock instead he spent it all on a computer. Now he hating cause I'm caking I told that nikka.

:salute:
What advice would you give? Any bumps in your road or was it smooth all the way through?
:feedme:
And rep to the OP @Young Czar
:salute:

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
hear what he's trying to say but he's off the mark. most people take part in the stock market passively through 401k, etc cause they don't have time to actively do otherwise and imo it's the best thing. Black people take a lot of risk. i.e all these black people that put their all in pursuing singing and athletic careers are taking a lot of risk. fighting against brutality and oppression in a violent nation when you're out numbered is taking a lot of risk.

what black people need in america is large solid middle class over a few generations. this is where entrepreneurs come from. when you have a safety net (i.e mommy daddy or relatives), an educated and connected network you can depend on and more avenues where you can raise money from your chances of turning ideas into success is higher. we're not a risk averse people but one that lacks the above.
In America, entrepreneurs come first then a large solid middle class (wealth).....I would even say the lack of a safety net creates more entrepreneurs...when black American people had their own shyt....that was their only option....can't put 100% in Plan A, if u spend too much time thinking about Plan B

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I avoid individual stock but i have my 401k and a betterment account(index funds). Working on getting 6 months of cash in my savings, then will get a roth ira, max that out, along with throwing cash to my 401k and betterment.

I figure i stack up enough cash, clear enough debt over the years, i can get to a point where i can invest in more lucrative (volatile) things like property, stock, etfs, loans etc.

Lemme hold something breh :feedme: