Dr. Boyce Watkins on why AAs tend to avoid the stock market

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
Stocks are not for the broke. It's like a video game for the super rich.

If you're waiting on 10-15 years you are gambling on something you cannot control which is time/mortality.

I'd much rather invest my money in inventory and flip it now at a much higher rate in my ecommerce stores. But that's just me.

Well if you listened to what he said, he used maybe $10 $20 or $50 a month and put it into a mutual funds account.

He said a misconception about the stock market is that you have to have a lot of money to gain from it.

I know a couple people who have made some money by investing relatively low amounts of money.

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
:mjcry:
Damn, what would you do different next time? What advice would you give to a young breh trynna get started in this stock game?

:salute:
What advice would you give? Any bumps in your road or was it smooth all the way through?
:feedme:
And rep to the OP @Young Czar

- Don't invest heavily in volatile stocks/companies with low market caps. They're highly manipulated by hedge funds and HFT.

- Don't listen to others without doing your own research/due diligence.

- Only invest expendable savings, not money you plan on using on a house down payment.

- I'd wait until after this election to invest. Gotta see how the stock market reacts to a new president and new congress.

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Talk to the bankers at your bank. Some mutual funds are INCREDIBLY low risk and will make more money than your savings account will.

Invest in a ROTH IRA if you have money to put away for a while

Look into starting a business (even small).

Make your money work for you breh! You earned it :salute:
One thing to be aware of on mutual funds is that most of the funds will have minimum investment amounts and management fees. For that reason I like investing in ETF's. Also, if you can, put your money into a traditional IRA as well as a Roth. The amount you put into a traditional is tax deductible up to $5,500.

MajorVitaman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang (formerly Eastcoastnaga)
- Don't invest heavily in volatile stocks/companies with low market caps. They're highly manipulated by hedge funds and HFT.

- Don't listen to others without doing your own research/due diligence.

- Only invest expendable savings, not money you plan on using on a house down payment.

- I'd wait until after this election to invest. Gotta see how the stock market reacts to a new president and new congress.

True true, I'll focus this summer-november (& January 20th) to increase my savings & doing more research in investment practices.