DR.DRE - "COMPTON" is a Classic ALbum

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Compton is the aftermath is now a premier emo meets neo soul legacy album.

Which imo, is more a byproduct of explosive meets snoop's ffinity to use high Tec. Making Midwest beat juggle and chop style records into.
what would become the west coast interpolated idea of the new gangsta rap introspective beat model. That at this time is basically the sonic template for all of rnb, neo soul and black music now.

I would never say it was a classic and it did not age well.
When, I intially reviewed compton during the actual review.
Which I believe I did in real time too.

If is chockfull of nuffin but at best.
gunit three syllable rhymes meets Eminem parrotted rhyme skills at best.

I would say it is for people who want to go back like baseball cards and hear the early entries.
of the guys they would come to pr as the potential new wave top draws of rap from interscope.

Past that, and sonic audophile stuck up-ness it offers nuffin to the listener to be honest. Except a gateway rehash of aftermath.
from the neo soul instrumental lift of explosive to Eminem. Back to co-opted west coast shop style acts. who really imo not as good as the westcoast shop acts are/were.

Meets the same type of talent. Largely,outside of eve.
that went unnoticed on the original aftermath compilation with been there done that.
Compton is more of what would have happened if dre would have been culturally endorsed. Instead of originally being done , cultural before Eminem saved him after the original aftermath low quality compilation.

The best thing Compton can be used for is a reference for mixing.
Coupled with being a snobbish audiophile about mixing in music to neo soul to rap of all things.

Art Barr

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
The hook+beat on Animals, Deep Water, and maybe a couple other tracks are the only noteworthy parts of that album.