DR.DRE - "COMPTON" is a Classic ALbum

L@CaT

For Hire Gunslinger!
Daps
Definitely more commercial sounding. I like it but Malibu and Venice are both better.

Preach Jackson

All Star
Daps
Reppin
somewhere in southside
Wasn't it an anderson Paak album that Dre bogarted and made his own?

Anderson.Paak had album's planned out:

Venice
Compton
Malibu
Oxnard

And Dre took the compton one and fukked it up. He a a$$hole for that stupid shyt. fukked up a potentially legendary run

word I never knew that was Paak idea for his project. I would’ve liked to get that version instead.

Last edited:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wouldn’t call it classic but it’s solid. It’s no Chronic or 2001 but it’s a dope modern album. He should’ve just went into his vault and gave fans the original “Detox” album but he is too insecure to do such a thing.

That's his right:manny:

Wepa Man

Ramblings of an Angry Old Man
Supporter
Daps
It has no warmth its too digital.

and wack

giphy.webp

419scam

The Super Duper
Daps
songs are too overproduced for somebody rapping over it, dre should make movie score instrumentals like sergio leone if he wants to make bombastic songs:yeshrug:

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Wouldn’t call it classic but it’s solid. It’s no Chronic or 2001 but it’s a dope modern album. He should’ve just went into his vault and gave fans the original “Detox” album but he is too insecure to do such a thing.
It was weak

im one of the minority that loved it. Yall just wanted the same dre of years past, this was refreshing and up to date. Especially the joint "Deep water" sh*t was creative af and the song "One Shot Kill" was the best i've heard snoop in years! loved that aggression!
False,stop trying to diagnose the desires of a bunch of people you dont even know.
COMPTON is lacking memorable moments in every possible way.
There's zero memorable grooves in the beats.'
There's zero memorable flows in the various verses on the album
There's zero memorable hooks on the records.
THe album is totally forgettable

Last edited:

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
But maybe he feels the people aren't going to like it.

Everybody ain’t gonna like the same thing, he needs to realize that

It was weak

False,stop trying to diagnose the desires of a bunch of people you dont even know.

It’s by no means a classic like I said, I was just able to listen to it and say I enjoyed it for what it was. Just a new project from him.

C-Styles

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Windy City
It was weak

Zero memorable flows?? Snoop's verse in "One shot kill" was one of snoops best in years, really?? :scust:

most of the hooks on here are dope af, especially the starting joint that sounded like Drake could've done it. Tell me you ain't singing along to that in the whip as you bumpin it :patrice:

bro the record was something different, it wasn't the same dre, it was Dre updating the sound and trying new things. Some people just have a hard time with change i guess :manny:

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Zero memorable flows?? Snoop's verse in "One shot kill" was one of snoops best in years, really?? :scust:

most of the hooks on here are dope af, especially the starting joint that sounded like Drake could've done it. Tell me you ain't singing along to that in the whip as you bumpin it :patrice:

bro the record was something different, it wasn't the same dre, it was Dre updating the sound and trying new things. Some people just have a hard time with change i guess :manny:
You guessed wrong,shyt just weak
And like i said,zero memorable flows.
I'm not gon say snoop sounded bad but no one cared and no one cared for that hook you're talking about either.
Saying they just HAVE A HARD TIME WITH CHANGE,is a cop out.

ROBEEZYKILLA

the coli soulja
Daps
Reppin
dallas,tx
i was hyped about the album and i gotta be honest ive never been so disappointed in my life it wasnt bad just wasnt what i wanted/expected