Dr. Dre's Newest Discovery: A 23-Year-Old White Rapper From Texas

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Every time a young, hardworking, inspiring black rapper sends Dre a mixtape, Dre like:
vVjyw.gif

:russ:

:mjcry:

thedon3305

Rookie
Daps

Now this cac have a contract deal, now he wanna apologize for using the N word.:stopitslime:

Get this industry plant cac the FOH with his fake ass apology.:camby:

But But But...he was 16 like Justin bieber. They were still kids.:comeon:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I think these deals are trash, especially in a post Cole/Drake/Kendrick/KRIT/etc landscape. Why wouldn't you want an artist who creates his own fanbase, learns how to tour, releases mixtapes first, etc. All Dre is doing is putting this kid in an incubator and hoping the label can create an image for him. And sooner or later Dre will move on to someone else.

cole, drake & kendrick didnt create their own fanbases either.

i dont know about krit but i wouldnt be surprised if hes in the same boat.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
cole, drake & kendrick didnt create their own fanbases either.

i dont know about krit but i wouldnt be surprised if hes in the same boat.

Having seen Cole and Kendrick grind out shows in front of small venues before they got deals I disagree. Kendrick had a deal long before Dre allegedly "discovered" him but even before that he was releasing mixtapes and doing shows. Same with Krit. I can't speak on Drake.

This guy literally has no music of interest out. He's not comparable to early TDE-era Kendrick, or Come Up era Cole.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Actually, J. Cole did....

no he didnt. he was already signed and they flooded the forums & blogs with his chit.

he was kendrick before kendrick.

Having seen Cole and Kendrick grind out shows in front of small venues before they got deals I disagree. Kendrick had a deal long before Dre allegedly "discovered" him but even before that he was releasing mixtapes and doing shows. Same with Krit. I can't speak on Drake.

This guy literally has no music of interest out. He's not comparable to early TDE-era Kendrick, or Come Up era Cole.

yea, i remember kendrick. and what did he do before that dre deal? absolutely nothing.

and im not completely comparing them to justus. im saying that their rise was not organic.

btw, everybody starts somewhere. of course they played in small venues. so what?