Dr. Umar: "Hip Hop is White Supremacy. Rappers Push Death and Destruction on Kids."

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Not a single thing about this is for american blacks

Ooooooo college courses on the music, mainly filled with cacs in colleges that won't accept us

This is exactly the point.. Where's a real college? A supermarket chain in the hoods with good food? An afterschool program? A preschool? A hospital.. Hell, something for grieving victims of gun violence? A defense fund? SOMETHING

Teaching motherfukkers to breakdance is not the tangibles we need
What music genre do you know of that actually does these things?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
What music genre do you know of that actually does these things?
I've already answered this... Because other genre's don't directly relate to the worst dregs of their society and then glorify it, they shouldn't have to.

I'm not asking what Chuck D is doing or KRS-ONE or Will Smith.. What the hell are dudes who have made their entire career based on kill a nikka, rob a nikka, shoot a nikka, music, doing to give back besides some shyt on the holidays. You bragging bout your money in every song and every 20 songs we'll get a "give back to the hood" song, but you ain't doing shyt WHILE taking down generations of kids who follow your dumb ass on the way to prison

I don't expect white people to do that cause metallica ain't telling nikkas to mask up and rob a nikka for his christmas present and slide on the ops

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
I think the case of YG's Meet the Flockers song should be revisited.

:wow:

One of the most interesting parts of the story is the following quote:

Last week, reports surfaced that workers at YouTube and its Trust & Safety team asked the site to remove “Meet the Flockers” from the platform. After reviewing the track, YouTube decided removing the song would force the site to change its entire policy, leading to more widespread censorship.

“While we debated this decision at length amongst our policy experts, we made the difficult decision to leave the video up to enforce our policy consistently and avoid setting a precedent that may lead to us having to remove a lot of other music on YouTube,” the company explained in an email obtained by Bloomberg.

:mjpls:

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I've already answered this... Because other genre's don't directly relate to the worst dregs of their society and then glorify it, they shouldn't have to.

I'm not asking what Chuck D is doing or KRS-ONE or Will Smith.. What the hell are dudes who have made their entire career based on kill a nikka, rob a nikka, shoot a nikka, music, doing to give back besides some shyt on the holidays. You bragging bout your money in every song and every 20 songs we'll get a "give back to the hood" song, but you ain't doing shyt WHILE taking down generations of kids who follow your dumb ass on the way to prison

I don't expect white people to do that cause metallica ain't telling nikkas to mask up and rob a nikka for his christmas present and slide on the ops
So you hold rappers responsible for the actions of those who end up in prison? Before the parents who raised (or didn't raise) that child? And as far as the adults in the group you speak of who end up in prison, you would blame the artist before the grown adult actually doing the crime that landed them in prison?

Can you explain why the streets were WORSE BEFORE there was a significant amount of "gangster rap" out there? In NYC where the genre was born, to this day, the most violent year was 1990. The biggest rap acts were Public Enemy, LL, and of course the biggest gangster of them all, MC Hammer.

Is it possible that the negativity you speak of happens first, and then the rappers rap about it, not vice versa? Like the crack game. Mid 80's to early 90's. But the rappers didn't start rapping about it on a large scale until the mid 90's (Jay-Z, Nas, BIG, Rae & Ghost, etc). The problems we have of our people going to prison at an excessive rate was occurring before the presence of violence and drug talk in rap music. How did the causes go from poverty, lack of education, racism, and joblessness... to rap music?

Do you not feel that in some way to say that rap music has that much of an influence over our people is an accusation of inferiority? Like you savages are so intellectually deficient, you would listen to the songs of people you don't know and make life changing decisions based off of them? You are incapable of separating real life from entertainment.

Its funny you mention white people and Metallica. Because I do not hear white people say these things about rap music having this kind of effect on their community. YET, as I'm sure you know, white people purchase more rap music than black people do. Why is that?

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

But you let Country artists talking about "not in a small town" knowing what it implies off the hook.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
But you let Country artists talking about "not in a small town" knowing what it implies off the hook.

Imagine comparing a song that "implies" what could happen to the endless songs that are extremely direct in their anti-Blackness, using very plain and accessible language to communicate desires to kill "n*ggas".

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
He spoke on this again

Tell this stupid nikka to put all them nikkas back on the street in the middle of and aftermath of the crack era with one less outlet to make legal money and breed creativity and see how shyt would turn out. This bytch nikka don’t have NO problem having hip hop artists endorse and support his ventures tho. Muthafukkas just say shyt with no actual data to prove shyt just to sound smart and enlightened.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Imagine comparing a song that "implies" what could happen to the endless songs that are extremely direct in their anti-Blackness, using very plain and accessible language to communicate desires to kill "n*ggas".

First, I wasn't comparing. I was pointing out content DIRECTLY related to white supremacy and NO accountability being called out in comparison to saying Hip Hop artists need to be build schools in Black communities.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
First, I wasn't comparing. I was pointing out content DIRECTLY related to white supremacy and NO accountability being called out in comparison to saying Hip Hop artists need to be build schools in Black communities.

"directly related to white supremacy"

Can you share the lyrics that bolster this claim?

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I’m trying to figure out about all the millions of more white people that consume hip hop than black people. I guess they aren’t as prone to violence as much as us right?

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
I’m trying to figure out about all the millions of more white people that consume hip hop than black people. I guess they aren’t as prone to violence as much as us right?

Those white people are listening to music from Black artists that are rapping about killing other Black people, if nothing else, it is reinforcing pre-existing attitudes and stereotypes about Black people to them. There are entire subreddits dedicated to tracking the "war in Chiraq" where the white kids cheer on the actual deaths of Black human beings in the streets of Chicago.

Comparing white people's consumption of anti-Black content to Black people's consumption of it is absurd.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Full of good ol' boys, raised up right
If you're looking for a fight
Try that in a small town
Try that in a small town

This is why the outrage to that song from Black people was so laughable when this song dropped. 21 Savage can drop a song titled "My Choppa Hate N*ggas" and go on to rap about the numerous ways he'd kill n*ggas and there's not even a peep from Black folk yet somehow we can immediately recognize the "white supremacy" in "Full of good ol' boys, raised up right If you're looking for a fight try that in a small town"

:mjlol:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This is why the outrage to that song from Black people was so laughable when this song dropped. 21 Savage can drop a song titled "My Choppa Hate N*ggas" and go on to rap about the numerous ways he'd kill n*ggas and there's not even a peep from Black folk yet somehow we can immediately recognize the "white supremacy" in "Full of good ol' boys, raised up right If you're looking for a fight try that in a small town"

:mjlol:

Big differenxe and shows you don't know whatvyou're talkong about. A lot of Country music is the soundtrack to white supremacy. And it goes deeper than that. Look up the NRA and all these rifle clubs. They ain't playing Hip Hop. Look at the murders and look at the numbers. Country show gets shot up. NOBODY blames Country music. Mass shootings carried out by a white man or white kid in a rural community, nobody questions what he was listening to.