Drake may sell 2 million first week according to hitsdailydouble

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
If it is a double album like I heard it could do 2 mill.

This is how he'd do it. Not even Eminem hit a million first week in 2013, MMLP2 must've sold like 750k. If Views isn't a double disc, I could see Drake doing 800 or so. But it really depends on how good the music is. However, if dude is really able to go and do a milli first week, it's a wrap. Never mind 2 million. I think MMLP was the fastest first-week selling album in album history too, with 1.76 Million.

I don't see it though, because if even Beyonce isn't touching those numbers, I don't think Drake is. Not unless there's technicalities involved, rap is hard to sell like that these days.

Vinny Lupton

Superstar
Daps
Make a dramatic musical movie for your lame ass music and get outsold by Drake anyway, breyonces.

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
It's going to be a double album

+

Streams being included with a sale

=

Yeah he's gonna go 2x Plat easily :banderas:

He will only sell 500k physically tho but either way he still going to win.

• Dap
Reactions: Jaz

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
If this is a double album then he gets close with the streams but doesn't hit it. And we know Drake is too calculated to pass up the numbers so it will be. I don't see big pure sales though.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
This the new business model huh? Sales predictions before the album is released...comedy.

Somebody is gong to drop a freestyle or track that's going to f*ck the internet the day before watch.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
just how big was 50 at his peak?

Something like 805k first week with "GRODT" and 1 mill first week with "The Massacre". Pure sales. 6x plat and 5x plat.

The streaming stuff is silly to me because Adele just did 3 mill first week with no streams. Rap just ain't the dominant musical genre any more. It probably never will be again.

Fred.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Something like 805k first week with "GRODT" and 1 mill first week with "The Massacre". Pure sales. 6x plat and 5x plat.

The streaming stuff is silly to me because Adele just did 3 mill first week with no streams. Rap just ain't the dominant musical genre any more. It probably never will be again.

Fred.

We also didn't have the power to hit a button on our phones and a full album pops up instantly back in 50's day.

The stream numbers are a direct response to how music is distributed today.

I bought tons of albums back then. I haven't bought a album in over 7 years.

Vinny Lupton

Superstar
Daps
This the new business model huh? Sales predictions before the album is released...comedy.

Somebody is gong to drop a freestyle or track that's going to f*ck the internet the day before watch.
Publications have been making sales projections for decades pal