Drake shouting out “Madvillainy” on the gram

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
He used to sound like a baby Phonte and that was before he even started singing.

And Phonte sang as well. Phonte did a lot of the hooks for Little Brother and his other group, The Foreign Exchange. In fact, singing is Phonte's main gig now.

Phonte got a Grammy nomination for Leave It All Behind, and that album also HEAVILY influenced Kanye's 808s and Heartbreak album.

Now days it's more common to hear Phonte mostly signing with some rapping thrown in, like this:

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
And Phonte sang as well. Phonte did a lot of the hooks for Little Brother and his other group, The Foreign Exchange. In fact, singing is Phonte's main gig now.

Phonte got a Grammy nomination for Leave It All Behind, and that album also HEAVILY influenced Kanye's 808s and Heartbreak album.

Now days it's more common to hear Phonte mostly signing with some rapping thrown in, like this:

I’ll always call Phonte a rapper first but you’re right, he’s been a (really good) singer that raps for about 10 years now. I’ve got all the FE albums and tbh, I prefer their R&B lane now.

Their career trajectories are borderline identical except one caters to a pop crowd and one doesn’t.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I’ll always call Phonte a rapper first but you’re right, he’s been a (really good) singer that raps for about 10 years now. I’ve got all the FE albums and tbh, I prefer their R&B lane now.

Their career trajectories are borderline identical except one caters to a pop crowd and one doesn’t.
Supposedly now that the VH1 cancelled The Breaks, Phonte is finishing up the 2nd solo album now, No News is Good News.

We should see it mid 2018...I hope.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Supposedly now that the VH1 cancelled The Breaks, Phonte is finishing up the 2nd solo album now, No News is Good News.

We should see it mid 2018...I hope.

As much as I like The Breaks, Phonte’s album was the first thing that came to mind when they announced the show was being cancelled. I liked Tigallerro but I really want an album of him rapping.

Stoop Kid

I think i can
Daps
Reppin
ps 118
Looky here, that's just the way the cookie tear, prepare to get hurt and mangled like Kurt Angle rookie year.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
"Villain get the money like curls, They just tryin' to get a nut like squirrels in his mad world."
This is dope but Drake is strategic usually. Does this mean he is going to get back into his backpack bag on his next project or a doom feature? Maybe I'm reaching but I think this is a valid question.

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
MadVillainy is 1 of my favourite albums ever but i couldn't give a fukk about Drake endorsing it, trying to get some bonus points from real hip-hop heads :mjlol:

Remember when he called 1 of his joints 'Wu-Tang Forever' & it sounded like a ballad for ballerinas :hhh:

fukk that moist MC :camby: