Drake tired of niccas claiming Weeknd wrote Take Care (6 year anniversary)

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
jyi90It.png

m8paal1.png

Wrote Take Care but they pushed me to the point where I’m just not caring :bryan:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I think 'Shot For Me', 'Crew Love', and 'The Ride' were finished/incomplete Weeknd songs, he just added his verses too, and smoothed out a little. Plus, 'Practice', on a 16-18 track album, is about 25%. I can HEAR Weeknd on "Shot For Me", that's a straight up Weeknd song.

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
I think 'Shot For Me', 'Crew Love', and 'The Ride' were finished/incomplete Weeknd songs, he just added his verses too, and smoothed out a little. Plus, 'Practice', on a 16-18 track album, is about 25%. I can HEAR Weeknd on "Shot For Me", that's a straight up Weeknd song.

Not one song you mentioned Weeknd wrote all of.

Collabs happen all the time when an artist has the beat and had work on it first. Nicca counting the ride as if Drake didn’t rap all the way through it.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
I don’t know, Abel said half his album went to Drake, :yeshrug:

The Goat said:
Apparently, Drake wasn’t even f***ing with [my music] at first,” he said. “[Drake’s manager] Oliver was the one vouching for me.”

The Weeknd also admitted that at one stage Drizzy was his "closest friend in the industry” and still credits him for helping him out in the early stages of his career.

He discussed losing his virginity at 16 and his iconic hairstyle

On his mysterious character: “We live in an era when everything is so excessive, I think it’s refreshing for everybody to be like, ‘Who the f**k is this guy?’ I think that’s why my career is going to be so long: Because I haven’t given people everything."

On his success: "I was everything an R&B singer wasn’t. I wasn’t in shape. I wasn’t a pretty boy. I was awkward as f**k. I didn’t like the way I looked in pictures—when I saw myself on a digital camera, I was like, ‘Eesh.

On why he avoids interviews: "Me not finishing school—in my head, I still have this insecurity when I’m talking to someone educated. I don’t want them looking at me like this f*****g retard—no disrespect.

On Drake: "I gave up almost half of my album. It’s hard. I will always be thankful—if it wasn’t for the light he shined on me, who knows where I’d be. And everything happens for a reason. You never know what I would say if this success wasn’t in front of me now."