Duke University ENDS full-ride scholarship program for select Black students in wake of affirmative action ruling

UpNext

All Star
Daps
we have to pick our battles right now

we’re facing an onslaught.

Its even basically bad politics to have to defend scholarships for black people because superficially, no one wants racial preferences but in terms of outcomes, people know we need them because other groups will request their own set-asides.

Again, I keep telling people that reparations on this accord wont happen either and they keep ignoring this… the courts wont let it happen.
I agree, you pick your battles. The issue is, most who say this, pick NO BATTLES.

Y'all not standing on reparations.
Y'all not standing on black kids getting into college.

And I'm sure the next thing the GOP gets at, y'all are gonna find reasons to NOT pick that battle and justify the Democrats folding there as well.

What battles are y'all actually picking?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I agree, you pick your battles. The issue is, most who say this, pick NO BATTLES.

And I'm sure the next thing the GOP gets at, y'all are gonna find reasons to NOT pick that battle and justify the Democrats folding there as well..

Starting calling these mufukkaz straight up racists. They do racist shyt but get mad as hell when you call em racist. You are what you do.

UpNext

All Star
Daps
Starting calling these mufukkaz straight up racists. They do racist shyt but get mad as hell when you call em racist. You are what you do.
The majority have been calling the GOP the racist party since I've been alive, and we've really ramped up calling them racists in the Trump era of politics and what is that winning right now?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The majority have been calling the GOP the racist party since I've been alive, and we've really ramped up calling them racists in the Trump era of politics and what is that winning right now?

it needs to be done MORE. like all the time.

they can't STAND that shyt.

most of these goofys nowadays to scary to call it and them what they are. fukk dat. all this shyt is their own insecurities and hurt feelins. it's all good as long as blacks are second class to them. it's impossible for us to be better in their racist ass minds. fukk em

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

And I'm sure the next thing the GOP gets at, y'all are gonna find reasons to NOT pick that battle and justify the Democrats folding there as well.

We have a to thread a new needle now. Starting anew is harder than defending an existing program.

And they got rid of an existing program from the 1970s.

We’re in the 3rd post-reconstruction era now after Obama. We’re going through another Nadir of Race Relations, IMO.

How do you, in 2024, start a program for black people, avoid lawsuits, scrutiny, and allegations of discrimination and thrive?

AND get popular support for it.

Scaaar

All Star
Daps
athletes are entertainers, not societal leaders and architects of systems.

If anything, we should have stopped leaning on a chance to go pro a LONG time ago
You're 100 percent right and people are putting their faith in entertainers and athletes in a capitalist society. Why is that always seen as the only path? If you want to built this separate but equal society we're going to need skilled tradesmen on every level. That's how we built wealth up before they destroyed it back then. Let's just go that route again but we now have more standing on a federal level.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Black American politics after the Civil Right era was a failure.

We got co-opted by radical feminist agendas and we bought into the Black and Brown coalition bullshyt at our own detriment.

We should have had an ADOS type movement in the 1980s
I think part of this was being too hopeful that Africa would get its shyt together to act as a foreign anchor and it hasn’t. Meanwhile other former colonies, largely in Asia and Latin America became what people though Africa would be during the independence era.

Yzak

All Star
Daps
This is nothing new for America :francis:Black students gotta transfer outta there, but I'm always wondering how we just refuse to acknowledge that we need to work together as an ethnic group. It's been over 150+ years since slavery ended and we're still basically just as fractured.

Our panic at cacs getting rid of these programs should show us how collectively weak we are, but I'm not sure many of us realize who the "we" are or that we even should group up and work together.

Sad to think of the future if we don't end this culture of self-hatred and sabotage. We gotta get back to spreading love amongst ourselves and encouraging self growth and unity.

But we really gotta move fast cause America is in for some tough times and people will always fall back on their ethnic ties.

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Black American politics after the Civil Right era was a failure.

We got co-opted by radical feminist agendas and we bought into the Black and Brown coalition bullshyt at our own detriment.

We should have had an ADOS type movement in the 1980s

And what are you are any of your Coli incel buddies doing about it, p*ssy?

@Bunchy Carter

@Voice of Reason

@Tair

@HarlemHottie

@AFRAM GLORY

@K.O.N.Y

@kingofnyc

@™BlackPearl The Empress™

@Cel 510 kid ados forever

@I Really Mean It

@Ruckfonnie