Dumbass cop shot multiple times, shooters will not be charged

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps

Caldwell County District Attorney Fred Weber said a months-long investigation shows Moore and Padilla did not know that when they opened fire the person they were shooting was a sheriff’s deputy. He said they had the legal right to protect their property from whom they thought was an intruder.
That’s why in March, Weber dropped the charges against Moore and Padilla.

“Had he displayed some common sense about how he dealt with this, I have no doubt this would not have happened,” Weber said.

He said Johnson made a number of missteps.

For instance, he said Johnson never activated his emergency lights to signal that a deputy was in the area. He also went onto Moore’s property, past a gate marked with a “no trespassing” sign, even though there was no emergency.

Johnson said he was trying to handle the situation with the lowest level of law enforcement involvement.

“I was trying to handle this on the lowest level possible so that these people could go to bed, and these people could collect their belongings and move on with their lives,” he said. :gucci:

Now, he and officials for the Texas Municipal Police Association said they are angry and disappointed the charges have been dropped against Johnson’s shooters.

"I was just hoping for justice. I work in the justice system, and that is what you expect to happen," Johnson said.