DVD Is still King after 25 yrs

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
4K UHD has spoiled me greatly. I can't look at that compressed streaming quality the same anymore. Factoring in the film rotation between all these services too and it has just led to me buying the physical copy outright. There should be no caveats when it comes to wanting to watch a movie at home.

Physical Media Gang all day, erryday.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I still yell at my parents when I go home because they still watching tv in SD when every channel they watch has an HD equivalent :gucci:
“Dad hit the D button!”:damn:
They damn sure don’t Blu-ray/uHD:bryan:
That shyt annoys me. :mjlol: And usually the HD equivalent is literally one channel over. My parents did the same thing when I was little, and whenever they left the room to go do something, I'd sneak and change it to the HD one.

They get back in the room and go "Wow, the picture looks way better!"

And I'm sat in the back like :youngsabo:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
That shyt annoys me. :mjlol: And usually the HD equivalent is literally one channel over. My parents did the same thing when I was little, and whenever they left the room to go do something, I'd sneak and change it to the HD one.

They get back in the room and go "Wow, the picture looks way better!"

And I'm sat in the back like :youngsabo:
That's the thing, for my Dad especially, every time I switch it to HD during a game he says "WOW that's looks way better!":whoo::salute:
I come back an hour later and he's back to SD because he switching back and forth from CNN and the local news (channel 7, 9, 12) because those channels are second nature in his head since the 80s :mindblown:
and since the SD channels are close to the local channels he don't bother going any higher in the guide looking for HD:martin:
plus their cable company don't have the auto HD feature when you turn to a SD channel:snoop:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
:flabbynsick:

How old are you? :dahell:
Looks at custom title

giphy.gif

Juggalo Fred

Juggalo and horrorcore enthusiast
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Juggalo island
Some of y'all will wish y'all still had physical media when the streaming wars start. I still buy DVDs. Probably won't ever stop

Right now i can only watch Southpark on dvd because I'm not about to pay 15 a month for hbo max for 1 show

My mom still watch vhs. Hell she got one of those combo players because she still watches dvd lol

I got a friend who watches VHS tapes, she streams shyt too but there's something nostalgic about watching that old grainy Vcr quality