Dwight Howard Deserves More Respect

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
What’s wild is there isn’t really anything dislikable about Dwight like that. He’s goofy and corny, but that’s not a reason to have an issue with him. He came in on some Christian shyt and ended up getting on some Nick Cannon shyt, but who can judge when you see some of these hoes? :yeshrug:

Of course there’s the contingent of Kobe stans who are super anti Dwight, but national media outside of LA typically dislikes Kobe as well so not sure about them holding it against Dwight.
He was hated before LA and after LA, he had an issue at most stops lol. But media should not hold that against his play.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Dwight being the only player to win defensive player of the year 3 years in a row should have been all but enough for him to be on the team alone. Even more of a snub when you add in his Al Nba selections and rebounding titles to his resume too.

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
stern and his basketball reasons played a big part... imagine (healthy) CP with Kobe and Dwight.. Dwight would have rejuvenated his image winning as a laker

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
He should of made it over atleast 20-25 other players if we being honest. No need to just single out dame or AD.

But since they weren’t removing players from the original 50, then yes he should of made it over dame and AD

Gritsngravy

All Star
Daps
What hurts him is the injuries and them rockets years and that one year with Kobe
And he still don’t have a post game

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
What’s wild is there isn’t really anything dislikable about Dwight like that. He’s goofy and corny, but that’s not a reason to have an issue with him. He came in on some Christian shyt and ended up getting on some Nick Cannon shyt, but who can judge when you see some of these hoes? :yeshrug:

Of course there’s the contingent of Kobe stans who are super anti Dwight, but national media outside of LA typically dislikes Kobe as well so not sure about them holding it against Dwight.
It ain't just Kobe stans but I'll let you have it.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
His peak was great but him bouncing around the league hurt his reputation and how people viewed him. From 08-12 was a legit top 5 player and made it to a finals.
bullshyt excuse. carmelo bounced around the league towards the end of his career and was out for a while. He's only won 3 playoff series in his entire career. he made the list

Daps
Not sure if Dwight ever got another league accolade after he tweeted (and then deleted) "Free Palestine"

I thought he was a limited player, whose rise came as the dominant bigs were fading out of the league. But he still accomplished what he accomplished.
I thought he was snubbed in the top 75.

Yagirlcheatinonus

Icon Poster
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think him trying to be like Shaq took away from his game he just needed to be himself. He was physically gifted and was one of the last centers of that kind. I do agree with Shaq his Dwight number weren’t dominant. I think people think Shaq was hating but he was telling him something for his own good.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
He never developed any type of offensive repertoire. He played in an era with no other bigs, was the most athletic player and still couldn't dominate offensively, and that hurt him. He went to a new team and couldn't even do the same thing as he did in Orlando. Plus every C before and after has put up better numbers. Even his bpg don't measure up.

He wasn't the only disliked player in the history of the game. Plenty of people that are hated made the list.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You've found your Mr.Glass right here.I'm way at the other end of the spectrum.I always found him to be extremely overrated.