brady-hoke.jpg

hokefood.jpg
Great coach the University brought him down

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Leach came from the Hal Mumme tree. Just like Sonny Dykes and Dana Holgorsen

oh I know.

But my point is Stoops put him on and they won a national title in 2 years time. Which then got Leach a head coaching job. Dykes and Holgerson, Lincoln Riley, (even Art Briles) and later and all them then had a chance to make their names under Leach staff.

Leach produced Tim Couch at Kentucky. But without that national title on his resume he may not have gotten where he got.

That whole thing is interesting tho b/c everyone who came up under that Mumme system all run the spread differently.

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
I love denard breh but he was frustrating, and a one trick pony. He never progressed his through out his time here.
had to progress when you are essentially an entire offense.He did lead us to Sugar bowl W and our last good season for that I'll always be appreciative despite the frustration.Remember he could've left at our lowest point:mjcry:

I'm Chillin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
LWO
How has no one said Mac Brown? Dude retired the day Colt & Jordan bounced but still showed up to collect his check every Saturday.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
That whole thing is interesting tho b/c everyone who came up under that Mumme system all run the spread differently.
Really about to show my age.

I remember Mumme coming to my HS after he got the UK job and telling us he was gonna honor the scholarships he offered us to go to Valdosta St. His son was on our squad and was one of the few who actually ended up going along with another dud that played QB. Real stand up dude. But a hell of a stat padder. My man Gary use to say he never wanted you to return a punt if the defender was near 15 yds of you and that's how Couch got all those high passing numbers (even tho he did the same @ VSU). The one time I met Leach, he just came across as a weirdo.

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Tressel leaves and OSU gets far better...

Mack Brown has somehow made Texas (with one of the richest Athletic Depts.) completely medicore for the past 5 years.

Daps
Reppin
Chi
They went 6-7

The next year with an interrim HC...then went 24-0, lost to MSU and Clemson, then won the first CFB playoffs. I think anyone will take a 6-7 season w/o a true HC to follow it up with what OSU has done the last 3 seasons.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
The next year with an interrim HC...then went 24-0, lost to MSU and Clemson, then won the first CFB playoffs. I think anyone will take a 6-7 season to follow it up with what OSU has done the last 3 seasons.
How can you say tressel killed the program when they had just come off an 11 win season and their first victory over an SEC opponent his last season?

Daps
Reppin
Chi
How can you say tressel killed the program when they had just come off an 11 win season and their first victory over an SEC opponent his last season?

Nahhhh, I was saying he did the opposite...I realize that's not what the thread is about but I think it's crazy that OSU found themselves in a world of shyt only to go on to lose 3 games in the last 3 season.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Nahhhh, I was saying he did the opposite...I realize that's not what the thread is about but I think it's crazy that OSU found themselves in a world of shyt only to go on to lose 3 games in the last 3 season.
Goes to show how great Urban is in the right spot:francis: