Eagles to Trade Wentz, WHY?

B1G_controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
No, it's his own fault.

Changing plays at the line that he didn't like, only to call WORSE plays situationally....then, when it was pointed out to him in film sessions, he'd deflect blame.

That's why he fell out with Doug P.

He regressed every year, the numbers bear that out.

He'll likely be fine somewhere else, though....depends on the coaching and what they're willing to trust him to do.

He threw 27-7 with 4k yds in 2019 but he regressed every yr

:camby:

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
If anything, Philly should be the one giving up a future first for someone to take on Goff's contract. You could make the argument that it should be two firsts with how Carson has been playing.
The difference is the Rams needed to shed Goff's money in order to take on Stafford, they had no leverage and McVay wanted that switch by any means.

The Eagles already have a QB on the roster who they're comfortable giving an opportunity to and he's on a rookie deal, they don't need to move Wentz and made it clear they wouldn't unless an offer meets their demands.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
If I’m the 49ers I’d be interested if I don’t have to give up too much and can’t get Watson obviously.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
The difference is the Rams needed to shed Goff's money in order to take on Stafford, they had no leverage and McVay wanted that switch by any means.

The Eagles already have a QB on the roster who they're comfortable giving an opportunity to and he's on a rookie deal, they don't need to move Wentz and made it clear they wouldn't unless an offer meets their demands.

You cannot have Wentz on the bench making the amount of money that he does regardless of whether they got a guy on a rookie deal. They were going to have and trade him the moment that they benched him.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
From way outside of insider knowledge this is how I felt about the hiring of the new coach. Wentz was great when he had Reich as his offensive coordinator. Wentz got injured during that SB run when he probably would of been MVP had he finished the year. His back up went to the superbowl and beat the GOAT who also had his best performance in a super bowl. Reich left for a head coaching job he never would have got if McDaniels didnt back out of a hand shake agreement with Indy.

Wentz, because of his numbers pre injury gets a massive contract and starts acting like he actually won the super bowl. Hes an a$$hole, his locker room doesnt seem to like him much...they draft a qb in the second round putting more stress in a relationship with Peterson. He plays like trash, gets usurped by his back up.

It looked like Doug was fired because ownership wanted him to play Wentz (or thats what the media wants us to think) then they hire someone who worked for Reich, out of left field. Maybe cause they feel working with Reich=you can fix Wentz. I dont know. Now they are apparently ready to move on from him, even with his astronomical dead cap hit.

pretty messed up situation for all sides, but I guess I said all that just to say, Indy should trade for him and they should stick with the guy I wanted my team to draft last year in Hurts. :manny:

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps

DHeC3X3WAAAjl_F.jpg:large